What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    How are those Dan? I've owned copies for a llloooooonnnggg time, but never got around to them.
    They are very enjoyable, if completely "off their rocker"
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      No...not in grab bag. I somehow stumbled upon it on Amazon or AbeBooks and ordered it new from there. It looks like a wacky silly fun read - off the wall parody of Night of the Living Dead.

Decided my next read is Pork Pie Hat - Straub
      Great choice.I read that a longtime ago in his short story collection Magic Terror.I likehisshorterwo better.Some of his longer works seem to drag.That is just my feeling.

Comment

The only other Straub book I read was If You Could See Me Now. It was a good read...had some kind of dry part, but overall I liked it a lot.

Comment

For me Straub covers a wide range. Some of his stories are puzzling, like Mr. X, some are strange but enjoyable, like The Buffalo Hunter and some are spectacular like Lost Boy, Lost Girl!
          Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          The only other Straub book I read was If You Could See Me Now. It was a good read...had some kind of dry part, but overall I liked it a lot.

Comment

Finished Pork Pie Hat. It was a very quick read, as it is a short book. I thoroughly enjoyed it though. Being a shorter type book, it was a good lead in to the next few days before the holidays.

Next up is Night of the Assholes. I've been putting this one off for a while, but being another short one, I have decided to tackle it now.

Comment

I'm gonna chalk up the first hundred pages of Duma Key as "less than engrossing" to reading them in an environment less than condusive to reading enjoyment (a theater while waiting for The Hobbit to start), because the rest of the book was terrific; King doesn't disappoint with this one.

Of Men and Monsters by William Tenn is next.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I really enjoyed Duma Key. If I am remembering correctly it did start a little slow but was a good read.
                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I'm gonna chalk up the first hundred pages of Duma Key as "less than engrossing" to reading them in an environment less than condusive to reading enjoyment (a theater while waiting for The Hobbit to start), because the rest of the book was terrific; King doesn't disappoint with this one.

Of Men and Monsters by William Tenn is next.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  Really enjoyed that one myself. Don't remember if it was slow to start for me or not, but did enjoy it overall. Not my favorite, but that's ok. Just because it starts slow doesn't have to diminish it though, as I found Lisey's Story to be slow to start with, but it turned out to be great and became my favorite book of his.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I'm reading Pork Pie Hat. I could finish it tonight if I would stop playing around on here. Lol
                    "now youes can't leave"
                    A Bronx Tale
                    directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Eventually, you learn to read AND play around on here at the same time!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Of Men and Monsters is one terrific quick-read SF book. It's positioning of human beings as pests to be eradicated is at once pessimistic and enlightening; Tenn seems a bit mysoginistic at times, but it also rings true as a result of Man's decent into savagery. I wish the story lived up to his ideas, but he writes very well. Definitly an author to read more of--too bad that was the only one I found on my grandmother's shelves.

Still Lake by Sara Brooke is next.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Reading a Ramsey Campbell short story. He's not what I would call overly complicated or convoluted, but sometimes the way he writes makes me have to read sentences two or three times to figure out exactly what he's saying.

Comment

Finished Pork Pie Hat from Peter Straub. It made for a nice break from Stephen King, his books take longer then PPH just to start to get interesting.
                            Just started The Cage from Brian Keene. It is exciting from page 1.
                            "now youes can't leave"
                            A Bronx Tale

Comment

Finshed The Cage, it was a very quick read. I really enjoyed it.
                              I think I'll start Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton.
                              "now youes can't leave"
                              A Bronx Tale

Comment

I agree. It took me a while but I once I got the hang of Campbell's work I fell in love with it. I think his best work is done in the short story form. I would consider Alone with the Horrors mandatory reading for all horror lovers.
                                Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                                Reading a Ramsey Campbell short story. He's not what I would call overly complicated or convoluted, but sometimes the way he writes makes me have to read sentences two or three times to figure out exactly what he's saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X