Fahrenheit 451 Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harriet the Spy

“She didn't care anymore... and she got no pleasure from the work she did, but she did it. Everything bored her. She found that when she didn't have a notebook it was hard for her to think. The thoughts came slowly, as though they had to squeeze through a tiny door to get to her, whereas when she wrote, they flowed out faster than she could put them down. She sat very stupidly with a blank mind until finally 'I feel different' came slowly to her mind.

Yes, she thought, after a long pause. And then, after more time, 'Mean, I feel mean.”
    ― Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet, The Spy
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Blood Meridian

Comment

No explanation, Brian?
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

For Me I have to go with The Martian Chronicles.I have said before without that book I might not have become the reader that I am.I wore out a copy as a boy.Everytime I open it it brings me back to a wonderful summer when I discovered it.Bradbury is awsome.

Comment

Another great choice, bookworm.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"The Secret History" by Donna Tartt...

It was her debut, and I fell in love with it (and her, haha) upon my first reading. It never fails to bring me joy whenever I read it.

Comment

I read that one quite a few years ago. It was pretty darn good!

Comment

Dune.
                  " I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear,
                  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
                  Great book.
                  Mike

Comment

Oh, yeah, Dune!

Comment

Never could get into Dune either.I know a lot of people love it but not me.

Comment

Hmm, choosing is always a hard thing for me. I'd probably want a Stephen King book, but since I can't decide I'll say Les Miserables (for now, until I change my mind)

"Whether true or false, what is said about men often has as much influence on their lives, and particularly on their destinies, as what they do."

First time I read this was in the 7th grade. I chose it as my free time reading book in school. I remember people saying that I'd never finish it. Well I did, and loved it as a kid. Still do.

Comment

Working...
                        X