X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I made it thru the first part of Watchers. I found it boring. Well, maybe the last quarter of the book will pick up....
    I remember Watchers as a slow, but definitely not-boring adventure.
    If you don't like the first part,I doubt you'll like the last quarter any better.

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Well, it's been a rough slog....but I made it thru the first part of Watchers. I guess I expected more. There didn't seem to be anything below the surface of the story. I found it boring. Well, maybe the last quarter of the book will pick up....

Leave a comment:

• thelion
    replied
    I read The Servants of Twilight years ago and thought it was pretty good. Since its original title was Twilight, I guess it counts as one of the good single word title books by Koontz...and it didn't have any sparkling vampires. :-P

To remain on topic for the thread, I'm just starting Hogfather by Terry Pratchett and after that I'm thinking I'll go with either King Blood by Simon Clark or The Five by Robert McCammon. I probably can't go wrong either way...
    Last edited by thelion; 06-26-2011, 06:10 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Any of the single word Koontz titles are good. Watchers is one of the good ones. Whispers too. His work the last couple of years, aside from the Odd books, has been weak, imo.

Donald Ray Pollock has a new one out, The Devil All the Time. It looks REALLY good. I'm starting it soon.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by hamount View Post
    I'm a Koontz fan and I think you should read Watchers, Dragon tears was kind of slow, and Intensity jumped around a lot. I loved Watchers so much I read it six times.
    Was waiting for you to chime in, thanx. I'm hoping to start it by Monday, because on Tuesday, I've got some book shipments coming in that might take my mind of Koontz. Just a wee bit futher to go on Dreamcatcher...

Leave a comment:

• hamount
    replied
    Part of my library are books of my grandmother that I got when she passed away. I think she belonged to every mystery/thriller/SF book club out there. I have found three Koontz BCEs in my library (thanx Grams!): Intensity, Dragon Tears, and Watchers.
    I'm a Koontz fan and I think you should read Watchers, Dragon tears was kind of slow, and Intensity jumped around a lot. I loved Watchers so much I read it six times.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    I have just been informed that my copy of In Laymon's Terms is to be shipped soon. Hopefully that will be my next book to read.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Watchers. It's old-style Koontz, and has always been one of my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    I'm going to look for that one at a local bookstore. Is it old or new?
    Fairly old - about fifteen years??

sk

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Watchers is great!!

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Dean Koontz: Dark Rivers of the Heart.
    I don't think you'll regret it.

sk
    I'm going to look for that one at a local bookstore. Is it old or new?

Leave a comment:

• larryki
    replied
    Watchers is one of my favorite books.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    oops! no poll--oh well, let me know which one I ought to read...
    Dean Koontz: Dark Rivers of the Heart.
    I don't think you'll regret it.

sk

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I'm not much of a Koontz fan, but I did like "Watchers". I'm currently reading "Heart Shaped Box" by Joe Hill and have determined that "Frankenstein" will be next.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    oops! no poll--oh well, let me know which one I ought to read...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X