Rattle of Bones by Robert E Howard, Art by Gabriel Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattle of Bones by Robert E Howard, Art by Gabriel Rodriguez

I happened to stumble upon this at Kickstarter. Rattle of Bones is a collection of horror stories from Conan the Barbarian's creator, Robert E. Howard with art by Gabriel Rodríguez. I was immediately fascinated by this project and today I backed it. This project has already met it's funding goal and is now meeting some stretch goals. I thought some of the regulars here might be interested in Rattle of Bones too. ~Cap

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...f=thanks-share
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Interesting project and looks pretty cool, but is it more of a fan project for Gabriel Rodriguez and less about Howard? Otherwise I’m kinda puzzled why the content is so slight with just eight stories. In comparison, the cheap tpb of THE HORROR STORIES OF ROBERT HOWARD has 60 stories in 500+ pages (and is also illustrated).
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-09-2020, 02:42 AM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Interesting project and looks pretty cool, but is it more of a fan project for Gabriel Rodriguez and less about Howard? Otherwise I’m kinda puzzled why the content is so slight with just eight stories. In comparison, the cheap tpb of THE HORROR STORIES OF ROBERT HOWARD has 60 stories in 500+ pages (and is also illustrated).
      There are actually nine stories Ron. I just double checked. ~Cap

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a pretty fantastic collection of Howard stuff, I'm particularly fond of the University of Nebraska set published in 2005. The Black Stranger and Other American Tales features 15 stories and a great introduction by Steven Tompkins. It also presents what I think is Howard's best Horror story, Pigeons From Hell. Personally, I couldn't buy any book about Howard's Horror stories that didn't have that tale front and center. I wish the best of luck though, I hope everyone that pledges get a book that they love.

Comment

I cancelled my pledge and am not backing this project. It's not a matter of funds for me, I could easily afford it. Maybe others here will back the project. ~Cap

Comment

Can I ask why you decided to cancel?
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
              Can I ask why you decided to cancel?
              I saw a Facebook ad for Rattle of Bones 2 or 3 days ago. I found myself thinking about ROB, it was stuck in my mind. Bottom line, I just changed my mind on getting ROB. After I cancelled my pledge I remembered a book that I wanted a few months ago so I may order that book soon.

Cap

Comment

Thanks for the info, Cap. I asked because in the comments section of the campaign, there are a few comments that have a notation that the poster has withdrawn their pledge, so I was wondering if you knew something shady that made you back out.
                (Looking at it again, most of those people pledged almost a month ago, so the Pandemic may have caused them to cancel.)

I'm a big Rodriguez fan, and this looks like a great book. Any other time, I would have been all over this.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  Thanks for the info, Cap. I asked because in the comments section of the campaign, there are a few comments that have a notation that the poster has withdrawn their pledge, so I was wondering if you knew something shady that made you back out.
                  (Looking at it again, most of those people pledged almost a month ago, so the Pandemic may have caused them to cancel.)

I'm a big Rodriguez fan, and this looks like a great book. Any other time, I would have been all over this.
                  In the comments section of the campaign, there are a few comments that have a notation that the poster has withdrawn their pledge. I did notice this too and only thought people were just being cost careful right now due to the Covid 19 pandemic. I have gotten a few emails from Kickstarter creators who are asking you to commit to backing their project(s) before officially launching their project. I was not interested in the two or three emails of this type I did receive. Rattle of Bones is the only Kickstarter offering that caught my eye.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    It's probably both. However it was advertised as a graphic novel. So it's Robert Howard stories in comic form. I pledged when this project started. I'm a fan of both so I'm looking forward to this release this summer.

Comment

The impression that I got from the campaign page was that it was prose stories with spot illustrations, probably one per story.

Comment

Working...
                      X