Question You Would Ask Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question You Would Ask Stephen King

If you could ask Stephen King a question, what would it be?

For me, I would ask him about the Paul Bunyan statue that is featured in both "It" and "Insomnia". In "It" the statue is evenly loved and hated by the population of Derry. When we come back to Derry, five years later, in "Insomnia", the statue has been replaced. With all the drastic repairs that had to have been made to Derry, why would the citizens allocate the funds for a new statue that quickly?
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 06-11-2011, 06:13 PM.
    "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Man, that is so tough. I was going to see him in MN but missed it. I'd probably ask something about the Dark Tower, or maybe books that I've heard are rumored to be in the works, like the third book in the Talisman/Black House series.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I would ask why he didn't write an actual book for Storm of the Century, instead of a moviec script. I loved the movie and wanted to read the book. then I found out that the book was nothing more than a script, so I couldn't get that great character build up and scenery set up that he is known for.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
        Man, that is so tough. I was going to see him in MN but missed it. I'd probably ask something about the Dark Tower, or maybe books that I've heard are rumored to be in the works, like the third book in the Talisman/Black House series.
        Would that have been in St. Paul for Under the Dome? I went to that-was one of the coolest things I've ever done!
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
          Would that have been in St. Paul for Under the Dome? I went to that-was one of the coolest things I've ever done!
          YEP. Should have made the trek up from Chicago. Stupid of me to pass.

Comment

I went to see him at City Arts & Lectures in San Francisco and got to ask him my number one question: do you have posture problems or aches from writing? Because I sure do. He laughed and told a great story: When he first published Salem's Lot, he sent a copy to his idol, Richard Matheson. Much to King's surprise, Matheson wrote back. Not only that, but he had some advice for King. Advice from Olympus! From the gods themselves! What could it possibly be? A single sentence: "Get a music stand." That way, King would have something to prop his manuscript on when he was working on corrections and typing them into a new draft. It was really sound advice to prop up the pages, for him and for me. He also laughed, said it was a great question, and that nobody ever asked about the mechanics. (This last part was bragging, sorry, but I had to throw it in, because it was such a treat to hear).

If I had a second question, I'd ask if the event in The Mist was what caused all the crazy monsters in the Dark Tower Wastelands. He's never said The Mist is connected to DT, but I think it would add up nicely.
            www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Being a displaced Mainer at the moment, I lived close to Bangor. Have seen that Paul Bunyan statue many a time! lol.It's also fun when reading a book such as IT(my personal fave)and be able to see the Bangor landmarks he talks about(such as the water tower) Have also seen the man himself a few times. It's not unusual to see him in the Bangor Mall or driving around town, not to mention driving by his house on West Broadway. For locals it's the norm and we leave him alone. and no,unless things have changed which I dont think they have, he does not do autographs if you just approach him and ask. But if you see him and say hey that's different. He will chat with you for a bit. Luckily my mother dated a good friend of his so I got my Tommyknockers personally signed waaaay back in '88! I know this is a rather long winded answer to this question, but I am feeling nostalgic and now, a little homesick! lol. I haven't actually met him myself, just seen him around town. Honestly, I would probably talk to him more about Maine, the mutual friend he had with my mom, and the Red Sox!!

Comment

YEP. Should have made the trek up from Chicago. Stupid of me to pass.
                Small world! It was a very limited thing-only about 1K I believe-just think, we could've been sitting in the same theatre! I'm often astonished at the links you can find with people! It was a great show, but that Audrey Niffeneger (sp?) that spoke with him was a very unpleasant person.

Comment

Small world indeed. I keep hearing these things about Audrey. I know she's a bit eclectic, by why do you say she was unpleasant? She's here in Chicago. Don't know her, nor have I worked with her.

Comment

Excuse me sir, could you sign this piece of paper? Never mind the fact that it is a check and has all those digits. :P
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Small world indeed. I keep hearing these things about Audrey. I know she's a bit eclectic, by why do you say she was unpleasant? She's here in Chicago. Don't know her, nor have I worked with her.
                      Just came across as very uppity and not at all personable-snobbish. She had attitude when she answered questions and said I write for myself, I don't care what my fans think. Even King gave her a sideways glance a time or two when she was talking. She also spoke in a weird British accent only half the time. She just didn't impress me much. I got the impression she knew everyone was there to see King and she was pissed about it.

Comment

Of course she could be a lovely person in her private life, but she came across as superior and haughty. Maybe she's a real gem when she's not in the spotlight. Who knows.

Comment

ha...i can just picture Steve turning his head, mumbling to himself - although i always liked him with the beard better, he looked more insane - or this one

Comment

That is a great picture.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

The mustache and uni-brow are clearly engaged in some kind of cold war stand-off.
                              www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Working...
                              X