Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Region Press - WTF? Unbelievable...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dark Region Press - WTF? Unbelievable...

    I pre-ordered a copy of the Special Edition of Bird Box by Josh Malerman from Dark Region Press and just received my book today. What a disappointment. Apparently, they use Amazon.com to ship their books. As you can imagine, the book wasn't packed in a properly sized protective box with bubble wrap, etc. Instead it was thrown in an oversized amazon box with no bubble wrap or peanuts (see pic). As a result, the corners of the book dented. What the hell? Like most of you, I'm a collector and cherish my books. I've ordered from many small publishers (Cemetery Dance, SST, Subterranean Press, etc.) and all of them take great care in packaging and shipping their books. I have reached out to DRP three times and my email are simply ignored. Has anyone else had problems with this company.

    Rest assured, I will never buy from them again.



    IMG_1792.JPG
    Last edited by Wicked Jester; 09-12-2018, 04:02 PM.

    #2
    Oh sheesh, I had ordered the book too. Haven't received it yet. I wonder if it will come damaged too. They will shut down if they do like this will customers. Not acceptable. Will update as soon as i get the book.

    Comment


      #3
      That sucks. I have one of those scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Hopefully someone dropped some type of padding in the box. Maybe the concept is that the air will protect the book...
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

      Comment


        #4
        That's unfortunate. I don't believe Dark Regions intended that. I can't speak for them not responding to your emails, but Chris has always been great to work with from our end of things.
        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

        Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

        Comment


          #5
          I just sold a book to someone and he wanted me to use a box and asked how I would package the book. I replied-very carefully. This time I happened to have the right size box handy and didn't have to go hunt for one.

          Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

          Comment


            #6
            That is definitely not the way to ship a book. Hopefully they will be correcting this ASAP. Did you try contacting them through Facebook? Perhaps they would be more likely to respond that way. I hope you get some answers.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
              I pre-ordered a copy of the Special Edition of Bird Box by Josh Malerman from Dark Region Press and just received my book today. What a disappointment. Apparently, they use Amazon.com to ship their books. As you can imagine, the book wasn't packed in a properly sized protective box with bubble wrap, etc. Instead it was thrown in an oversized amazon box with no bubble wrap or peanuts (see pic). As a result, the corners of the book dented. What the hell? Like most of you, I'm a collector and cherish my books. I've ordered from many small publishers (Cemetery Dance, SST, Subterranean Press, etc.) and all of them take great care in packaging and shipping their books. I have reached out to DRP three times and my email are simply ignored. Has anyone else had problems with this company.

              Rest assured, I will never buy from them again.



              [ATTACH=CONFIG]21036[/ATTACH]
              I have not had issues with them in the past but I live near the offices and have picked up purchases. You may try calling them (971) 229-1695.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I have not had issues with them in the past but I live near the offices and have picked up purchases. You may try calling them (971) 229-1695.
                Thanks, but the phone number you gave me is not for Dark Region Press. Are you certain that is the number? Also, support@darkregions.com no longer works, bounces back all of my emails. No reply from the "contact us" form either.

                Sheesh, makes you really appreciate publishers like CD, SST, etc. They always replied back to me.
                Last edited by Wicked Jester; 09-13-2018, 12:23 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  From the contact page on their website:

                  "This is the central point of contact for Dark Regions Press and we strive to answer all inquiries within 48 business hours. If you don't hear from us after 48 business hours, please contact us on Facebook."

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The email for support is darkregions.help@gmail.com

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
                      Thanks, but the phone number you gave me is not for Dark Region Press. Are you certain that is the number? Also, support@darkregions.com no longer works, bounces back all of my emails. No reply from the contact us form either.

                      Sheesh, makes you really appreciate publishers like CD, SST, etc. They always replied back to me.
                      Sorry about that. Right after I posted it I thought that I should have mentioned I have not used that number since probably 2014. That is the only number I have for them.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have always received replies from darkregions.help@gmail.com very recently too. You should try that.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
                          Thanks, but the phone number you gave me is not for Dark Region Press. Are you certain that is the number? Also, support@darkregions.com no longer works, bounces back all of my emails. No reply from the contact us form either.

                          Sheesh, makes you really appreciate publishers like CD, SST, etc. They always replied back to me.
                          That is troubling. I had a question regarding a pre-order I have with them and decided I would ask and see if I get a response. I used the web, contact us form and had a response with 30 minutes. Note: I did this about 2 hours ago.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I know it's not ideal, but you might be able to contact Chris Morey on Facebook or Twitter and see if he has a better number/email.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Also, Dark Regions might have a Facebook and Twitter page, and that might be more appropriate to try first.
                              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X