X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are all cool covers!
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm planning to put my cover art services up for bid when time makes itself more available. I probably won't be able to use Ebay for it, as I plan to do with some other stuff, but my goal is to exchange the service straight up for a check made out to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (my preferred charity). I'll have to see how everything else goes though before I decide for sure.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
        For those of you who do have a Kindle or Nook or run any of the Kindle apps, I have a couple of eBooks right now. There's The Painted Darkness, of course, plus a mini-collection of short stories and also some individual short stories for 99 cents each. I'll be posting a few more mini-collections and other short stories this summer, plus hopefully Black Fire and Blue November Storms if there's any interest. Here's the link:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/estore.html

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to check them out. Thanks!

Best,
        Brian
        Bought THe Painted Darkness for my Nook-might be a bit before I get a chance to read it since I have a deadline of August for my anthology, but I am collecting interesting books and look forward to some serious reading time soon!
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
          Bought THe Painted Darkness for my Nook-might be a bit before I get a chance to read it since I have a deadline of August for my anthology, but I am collecting interesting books and look forward to some serious reading time soon!
          Thank you! Hope you like it!

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
            Thank you! Hope you like it!

Brian
            I think I will-was there a bit of it in CD? Or was it a different story? I remember reading something in the last issue I believe-but all this recent reading of short stories has boggled my brain a bit!
            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
              I think I will-was there a bit of it in CD? Or was it a different story? I remember reading something in the last issue I believe-but all this recent reading of short stories has boggled my brain a bit!
              There was an excerpt in CD 64 we also sold / are selling hardcovers of the book. Although I think we're almost sold out of the 2nd printing THC.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                There was an excerpt in CD 64 we also sold / are selling hardcovers of the book. Although I think we're almost sold out of the 2nd printing THC.
                For those who don't have it, it's a really nice edition! Actually I just finished reading my copy and must say that it was a great read! The artwork is a great addition, although I imagined Henry to be a bit different than the way he was depicted in the artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                  I don't kindle or nook or read on an ipad. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the old fashioned book.
                  so do I but they can be a real pain. I'm turning into my grandpa who bought all sorts of things but never took them out of the box to keep them "mint". I find myself doing that now with books - i dont want to take them to the boat, on a plane, by the pool, or in the tub b/c i might mess them up. OCD? perhaps.
                  It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
                    so do I but they can be a real pain. I'm turning into my grandpa who bought all sorts of things but never took them out of the box to keep them "mint". I find myself doing that now with books - i dont want to take them to the boat, on a plane, by the pool, or in the tub b/c i might mess them up. OCD? perhaps.
                    You know, I've often wondered why there are some things I want to keep crisp, and what I've decided is that it reminds me of that feeling of when I was a kid and went to the toy store or the comic shop and OH MY GOSH they've got the exact G.I.JOE/TRANSFORMER/THUNDERCAT/ETC. I was looking for! It's that feeling of holding a piece of that WONDERFUL OTHER that gels with your soul (hey, I was a kid, Transformers gelled with my soul). And the more bumps or scratches you get in it, the more it becomes a piece of you, rather than a piece of that OTHER. Am I making any sense? Having said that, I tend to accidentally scuff my stuff pretty well, so there are few books or prints or what-have-you that are in great shape, and for the most part I don't worry about it. But I love 'em all the same.
                    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

i just bought a kindle.

think i may buy some story for it called Red Rover - sounds like a good read

Comment

i had no idea! you can use facebook, check email, and visit blogs with the kindle! what a great device!

Comment

The nice thing about the kindle is that I've been able to find so man classic novels for free!!!

Comment

I'm pretty new to Kindle.
                            How does that work, downloading books for free?
                            I thought books could only be purchased through Amazon and had to be payed for.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk

If you go to Amazon's Kindle page, they have a BestSeller's list that shows the top 100 or so "Pay For" and Free kindle books. Also, you can just see them if you search by an author and sort by price. They are are a lot of free books. Obviously, beggars can't be choosers, but if you want classic literature, I'm found most everything I want for free. Some of the classics seem to come in a a free and a non-free version. I suggest the Free!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                                Books can only obtained through amazon, however there are a fair amount of things that are free on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...reative=390957
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X