Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Beautiful dog, but he was dumb!
    The sister of one of my old friends had an exceptionally stupid dog, lol. You could take one of his toys, like a ball or rope with ties on the ends, pretend to throw it and he would fall for it every single time. And when I threw the rope and it accidentally ended up on the roof the shed, he just circled the shed over and over looking for it
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
      The sister of one of my old friends had an exceptionally stupid dog, lol. You could take one of his toys, like a ball or rope with ties on the ends, pretend to throw it and he would fall for it every single time. And when I threw the rope and it accidentally ended up on the roof the shed, he just circled the shed over and over looking for it
      one of the guys that works for me is like that. Except my 'ball and rope' is a hint of a non-existant article I need him to find on the internet; He'll spend all damn day looking for something that doesnt exist... great fun.
      It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
        He'll spend all damn day looking for something that doesnt exist... great fun.
        That's hilarious! You'd think he'd figure out it didn't exist pretty quickly, but I guess not.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
          That's hilarious! You'd think he'd figure out it didn't exist pretty quickly, but I guess not.
          you'd think so wouldnt you?
          It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Are you guys talking about Gilead, or Midworld, or Narnia, or Oz, Derry, Maine or Columbus, Ohio or some other places that don't really exist?

Comment

I prefer to read regular books, though I don't have an ebook reader yet I'll probably end up getting one. I read too much to take enough books when I go on vacation.
              www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

I recently got a Kindle as a present. At first, I found the reading experience odd and off-putting -- it just didn't "feel" enough like reading a book. The reading experience just seemed "off" in some indescribable way. Then I went ahead and purchased a Kindle cover, and that makes all the difference. There are four snug elastic straps that keep the kindle itself in place, and the cover gives it much more of a "reading a book" tactile experience. For those curious, here's a link to the cover I purchased...(the one I got was brown, not pink, but it has a similar design) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IPPQG6/

Comment

Now I've got myself a kindle and I'm unable to buy King's Mile 81.
                  Amazon.com doesn't accept orders from my region, and neither does Amazon.co.uk.

sk
                  Last edited by frik51; 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Well, I finally got Dark Forces: The 25th Anniversary Edition in Kindle format for my smartphone. It's annoying to read on a screen that small, but it is great to have those stories with me everywhere I go, without carrying anything extra.

Siep, that really stinks about the story not being available to you. I would think it would be available from Amazon UK, especially since it's just across the channel/sea.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicole Cushing View Post
                      I recently got a Kindle as a present. At first, I found the reading experience odd and off-putting -- it just didn't "feel" enough like reading a book. The reading experience just seemed "off" in some indescribable way. Then I went ahead and purchased a Kindle cover, and that makes all the difference. There are four snug elastic straps that keep the kindle itself in place, and the cover gives it much more of a "reading a book" tactile experience. For those curious, here's a link to the cover I purchased...(the one I got was brown, not pink, but it has a similar design) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IPPQG6/
                      Hey, that's a really cool looking Kindle cover!

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        Now I've got myself a kindle and I'm unable to buy King's Mile 81.
                        Amazon.com doesn't accept orders from my region, and neither does Amazon.co.uk.

sk
                        I was going to ask about the German store, but then I checked and they don't have Mile 81. I did however find a link that might help though.

http://downloadsquad.switched.com/20...xtra-fee-save/
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hey, Dan, that looks good.
                          I'll give it a try!!
                          Thanks!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                            Hey, that's a really cool looking Kindle cover!

Brian
                            Thanks...I really, really love it. It really does make all the difference in the world.

Comment

Last night I purchased the ebook of Dark Forces (I hadn't heard of it before, but it was mentioned as a "landmark anthology" by Datlow in the Introduction to her antho., Darkness, so I grabbed it). Read the Sturgeon story first (because I hadn't read Sturgeon, and his stories are coming out in these sort-of-expensive hardcover editions). Looking forward to reading T.E.D. Klein next.

Nicole

Comment

I definitely prefer physical books to e-books. It has been said before but there is just something about the physical layout of the book that I prefer. That being said, having an e-reader has allowed me to discover authors that I would not have otherwise. It is a less risky investment to pay a few dollars for the e-book than to take a chance and spring for the limited. If I like the story I can always go back and purchase the physical book later.
                                Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Working...
                                X