Your Bookmark....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Bookmark....

So, what do you use as a bookmark? I usually grab whatever is close by. Old movie ticket stubs work pretty well. I like to change the bookmark I'm using every 2-3 books. Old Magic The Gathering cards, the receipt for the book I just bought...

Unless I'm reading a limited with a satin bookmark included, then I just use that.

Post pics if you have a really unique bookmark.

I have around 300 unsused book plates from easton press; i usually grab one of those. I actually don't like the satin bookmarks. I never use them; I just let them stay placed wher they come
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

My wife always makes me bookmarks as part of Father's Day. Pics of the kids and some quote and then has it laminated.
      Last edited by bsaenz24; 06-08-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        My wife always makes me bookmarks as part of Father's Day. Pics of the pics and some quote and then has it laminated.
        Nice! Gotta get mine to do that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          Nice! Gotta get mine to do that as well.
          If she does it, as a suggestion, I have my wife mafe one extra for each kid and I keep those on the side for them when they are older. We usually use pictures since the last Father's Day, so you can see their growth through the bookmarks.

Comment

I sometimes use receipts, but lately, depending the book size I use either a bookmark from Half Price Books (The ones they sometimes stick in your bag when you buy stuff, not one you purchase), and sometimes I use little strip from Netflix mailers that you take off to send the movie back, lol
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I always get a bookmark or two as Christmas stocking stuffers. I have several different ones. I still have several of the old bookmarks CD used to include with a book purchase, I really like those.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I always get a bookmark or two as Christmas stocking stuffers. I have several different ones. I still have several of the old bookmarks CD used to include with a book purchase, I really like those.
                Cool, would be nice if they stared doing that again... /cough cough*

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                  Cool, would be nice if they stared doing that again... /cough cough*
                  I second that cough. It'd be nice to see a CD bookmark offered as part of a promotion or grab bag.

As for bookmarks themselves, I don't think I've ever had to buy one, I've gained quite a collection from stores putting free ones in the bag with my purchase. I just grab one and use it as needed.

I do have a specific Superman one(also free) that is longer than usual that I use for my graphic novels.

Comment

I use duplicate art collector card, I haven't bought any in years but I still have a huge stack to use.
                    Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

I use a bookmark that was from a The Dark Tower Comic promotion. I think it was promoting The Long Road Home.

Comment

I use anything and everything. Torn bits of notebook paper, tissues, napkins, candy bar wrappers, a potato chip, part of a cheeto, piece of cat fur, dirt, etc., whatever happens to be nearby on my floor. Some of those are made up.

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
                          I use anything and everything. Torn bits of notebook paper, tissues, napkins, candy bar wrappers, a potato chip, part of a cheeto, piece of cat fur, dirt, etc., whatever happens to be nearby on my floor. Some of those are made up.
                          Lol, I would hope you're not using cheeto's. That would totally ruin the book.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            Lol, I would hope you're not using cheeto's. That would totally ruin the book.
                            Nah, adds character. Goes well when reading "Firestarter". Gives the pages somewhat of a fire-burned look. I've got a signed by me paperback copy of "Firestarter" for sale pre- fire-burned, 50 bucks and its yours.

Comment

I've got a decent stack of bookmarks. My mom sends me one for my bday and xmas every year since I was like 10 and freebies from bookstores/online sites. Normally end up using the one from horroryearbook.com

Comment

Working...
                              X