Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Bookmark....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I use a homemade Dexter bookmark usually. However, sticky notes foled in hafl and bookstore receipts work well for me, too.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
      I have memorise each page number because I have this weird OCD thing going on with books that means I can't run the potential risk of damging the book, even with a bookmark. I hate cracking the spine, and sometimes have a reading copy and a normal copy in mint condition that is normally packed away in bublle-wrap and stored in a box. Even the reading copy is in fine condition. I once read a book wearing latex gloves. All the Beauty Sinners by Stephen Graham Jones. So yeah, no bookmarks, just memory. Kindle is easier.

      Latex gloves...?! Too risky!! They sometimes have a white powder residue that can smudge the book!

      Comment


        #33
        I hate to admit it, but I fold th e pages

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Slee1978 View Post
          I hate to admit it, but I fold th e pages
          Ban, ban!!!!



          sk

          Comment


            #35
            For some large series of books I have specialized bookmarks I use specific to the series (e.g. Discworld, Star Wars, Dark Tower). However, I usually just use a standard paper bookmark from booksellers and such for most books.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
              I have memorise each page number because I have this weird OCD thing going on with books that means I can't run the potential risk of damging the book, even with a bookmark. I hate cracking the spine, and sometimes have a reading copy and a normal copy in mint condition that is normally packed away in bublle-wrap and stored in a box. Even the reading copy is in fine condition. I once read a book wearing latex gloves. All the Beauty Sinners by Stephen Graham Jones. So yeah, no bookmarks, just memory. Kindle is easier.
              You sound like my brother, he hates any damage being done to any book.
              www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

              Comment


                #37
                Usually it's the book receipt. Yes, that's pathetic, I know.

                I think you could make some money by making a bookmark that is either fake bloody finger, or a Cthulhu head sticking up from your book. Cthulhu seems to be becoming a minor meme.
                http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

                Comment


                  #38
                  Not very interesting but I use whatever is laying around. I like to use actual bookmarks but a business card or a receipt works just as well.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I just saw a co-worker today using a piece of toilet paper for a bookmark. That's just wrong!
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      LOL, nice!
                      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        I just saw a co-worker today using a piece of toilet paper for a bookmark. That's just wrong!
                        Maybe it was a shitty book. (I know, step away from the keyboard).

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          Maybe it was a shitty book. (I know, step away from the keyboard).
                          Oh man Brad, that was a terrible joke. I laughed non-the-less though.
                          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                          Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

                          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            Maybe it was a shitty book. (I know, step away from the keyboard).
                            No! It was "In Cold Blood". Even more of an injustice.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Took me forever to find this thread, but I knew it was here somewhere...

                              This came with my last package from Nightshade. (I think it's a sticker.)

                              01-21-2013 05;22;06PM (466x640).jpg

                              This is my current bookmark.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

                              ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                              Comment


                                #45
                                My current bookmark is the stuff they give out at Half Price Books. I've gotten several and know I'll get more, so I'll probably go with that for a while. Forgot all about this thread, lol
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X