Cemetery Dance 2017 and 2018:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I need to get around to watching that video. You're right about Mine, but also I don't think they've done Gone South.
    I really liked Gone South. It reads more like Lansdale then McCammon. Probably my third favorite bok by McCammon behind Boy's Life and Swan Song. Would love to see a limited edition of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      I really liked Gone South. It reads more like Lansdale then McCammon. Probably my third favorite bok by McCammon behind Boy's Life and Swan Song. Would love to see a limited edition of it.
      I absolutely agree!! I would love to see a limited of Mine someday too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I'm incredibly excited to see what the two other McCammon books are going to be! Sub Press has yet to do two of my favorite McCammon books so I'm hoping that the might be coming from CD. I'm just saying that Mystery Walk and Usher's Passing lettered editions would look great on my shelf!
        Usher's Passing is one of my favorite books. It's a fantastic read and a great spin on Poe's story. I REALLY hope this is one of the McCammon titles CD publishes.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          I've always thought GONE SOUTH didn't get the appreciation that it deserved. McCammon called it his career killer (to paraphrase) as it was very much unlike the kind of book the publishers wanted him to write, fans largely didn't seem to get it, and it's rarely brought up when his work is discussed. I do think it has some issues, but overall I found it a book that should have been an affirmation of his storytelling talent, not the book that shut down his career for a decade ('92 to '02). By the way, here's an interesting article that McCammon wrote r.e. the book:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/articl...word_2008.html
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

This is slightly off-topic, but I thought it was peculiar that Richard kept referring to McCammon as "Rick" in the live Q&A on Facebook. I took it as being distracted from signing 4,000 copies of Gwendy, but was curious if Robert McCammon is sometimes referred to as Rick. I've never heard of Rick being short for Robert.

But here's where it takes a tin-foil hat twist: Rick is short for Richard. And Richard Bachman was King's pseudonym. And after reading Swan Song I was convinced that McCammon was another King pseudonym. Could this slip of the tongue be a clue? Is Robert really Richard who is Really Stephen?!?!?!?!

I hope no one thinks I'm being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              This is slightly off-topic, but I thought it was peculiar that Richard kept referring to McCammon as "Rick" in the live Q&A on Facebook. I took it as being distracted from signing 4,000 copies of Gwendy, but was curious if Robert McCammon is sometimes referred to as Rick. I've never heard of Rick being short for Robert.

But here's where it takes a tin-foil hat twist: Rick is short for Richard. And Richard Bachman was King's pseudonym. And after reading Swan Song I was convinced that McCammon was another King pseudonym. Could this slip of the tongue be a clue? Is Robert really Richard who is Really Stephen?!?!?!?!

I hope no one thinks I'm being serious.
              You were close but not quite on target. It is obvious that Robert McCammon is really Richard Chizmar. He was referring to himself in the third person.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                You were close but not quite on target. It is obvious that Robert McCammon is really Richard Chizmar. He was referring to himself in the third person.
                DIABOLICAL! GENIUS!

Comment

Working...
                X