Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me find more info. about author Lawrence Cortesi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Did some digging. Asked my buddy who is avid reader of history, nothing. Asked another friend of mine that has a broad preference of books, including history, nothing. Did a search online, found an obituary of someone with the same name, but no mention of him being an author. Best I could find was his list of books on Goodreads, with very little info.

Sorry Cap. No go here. Looks like we got a real mystery on our hands. Do you have any of his books?
    That obit was all I found too. I wonder if it was a pen name? Still, you'd expect to find something out there.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Did some digging. Asked my buddy who is avid reader of history, nothing. Asked another friend of mine that has a broad preference of books, including history, nothing. Did a search online, found an obituary of someone with the same name, but no mention of him being an author. Best I could find was his list of books on Goodreads, with very little info.

Sorry Cap. No go here. Looks like we got a real mystery on our hands. Do you have any of his books?

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Interesting. I just pulled him up on Goodreads. Has a few books, but very few ratings. Seems to be an author that time forgot. I have a friend who is very much into military history and history in general. I will prod him about this author this weekend. Maybe he knows something, though I wouldn't bank on it.
    Thanks for your help Theli.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Interesting. I just pulled him up on Goodreads. Has a few books, but very few ratings. Seems to be an author that time forgot. I have a friend who is very much into military history and history in general. I will prod him about this author this weekend. Maybe he knows something, though I wouldn't bank on it.

Leave a comment:

• Can anyone help me find more info. about author Lawrence Cortesi?

I've read many of author Lawrence Cortesi's books-Such as Pacific Hellfire and The Battle For Manila. Lawrence Cortesi wrote a lot of books about WWII in the Pacific and the battles or campaigns of Army general Douglas MacArthur. One interesting aspect of the author's books is that they read like a novel. He recreates conversations between various officers/personnel.
    I've tried numerous times, without success to learn more about author Lawrence Cortesi. All I get when I search is a list of the books he has written. I can not find any biographical info, much less a website. I posted at a message board forum specifically devoted to history and did not get one reply to my post at that message board forum. So, I'm asking for help here. Thanks for listening!

Cap
Working...
X