X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Well, Hi Dan, I'm Mike and I'm a Biblioholic, lol!!!
    A fuller Bio,
    Mike Hatchett, 58, Richmond Va, Public Librarian, US Army/Army Reserve retiree, 2 deployments. Married, 2 grown children, 4 crazy little dogs. I’m more a reader than collector, not huge horror reader, I dabble, enjoy some King, but by no means a completest, far from it. Love fantasy, science fiction, Mystery an occasional Western, and even a title off the best-seller list once in a while. My hobbies include martial arts, hiking, gardening and yard sales with my wife. I have an account over at Librarything. Really enjoy the Forum, learn something new almost every time I visit. Thanks to you all for making this such a nice place to hang out.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Wow! I didn't realize this was such a serious issue LOL. Good thing my old man isn't/wasn't around. He was a serious wild gamesman. We'd been eating turkey for months but the court costs..... :-/.
    I don't think anyone would notice a few missing turkeys

We have a friend who's a bow hunter, and he gets mad at me when I show him what's standing around in our back yard.

12605403_10208545519546276_68841836093585322_o.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I'm Jamie (James) - Windsor, Ontario (fun fact - I have to drive NORTH to go to Detroit, MI). Married to a wonderful wife, and have a soon to be 17 wonderful daughter, and 3 cats, 3 dogs. Have too many books on my shelves - buy/receive books faster than I can read them. Love my horror, historic/archaeological fiction (Rollins, Preston-Child) and sci-fi, although enjoy reading science books (Hawking, Dawkins, de Grass Tyson, Kaku) as well, plus will read the odd general fiction.
    Howdy, Jamie!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    No sign of that, but I've seen some scary-looking people on bike rides thru the Pinelands
    e.g. Wrong Turn 'ey?

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    It is in this part of NJ We have a lot of woodlands behind our house, and a creek running thru the back yard. There must be 20-25 turkeys in this flock, and the snow has them wandering a little further than usual in their hunt for food.

We also have a herd of deer that eat everything in sight in the summer months. Apart from that, the usual suburban wildlife - raccoons, foxes, groundhogs etc.

Here's a funny video of the turkeys getting aggressive a few years back. This is a couple of blocks from our house - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhh68bITXM8
    Wow! I didn't realize this was such a serious issue LOL. Good thing my old man isn't/wasn't around. He was a serious wild gamesman. We'd been eating turkey for months but the court costs..... :-/.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Enough with Turkeys....Tell us about the Jersey Devil LOL!!!
    No sign of that, but I've seen some scary-looking people on bike rides thru the Pinelands

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Enough with Turkeys....Tell us about the Jersey Devil LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    First off, nice you met you officially Dave and fellow CD members (addicts) . 2nd, is this a common occurrence in Jersey??
    It is in this part of NJ We have a lot of woodlands behind our house, and a creek running thru the back yard. There must be 20-25 turkeys in this flock, and the snow has them wandering a little further than usual in their hunt for food.

We also have a herd of deer that eat everything in sight in the summer months. Apart from that, the usual suburban wildlife - raccoons, foxes, groundhogs etc.

Here's a funny video of the turkeys getting aggressive a few years back. This is a couple of blocks from our house - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhh68bITXM8

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I'm Jamie (James) - Windsor, Ontario (fun fact - I have to drive NORTH to go to Detroit, MI). Married to a wonderful wife, and have a soon to be 17 wonderful daughter, and 3 cats, 3 dogs. Have too many books on my shelves - buy/receive books faster than I can read them. Love my horror, historic/archaeological fiction (Rollins, Preston-Child) and sci-fi, although enjoy reading science books (Hawking, Dawkins, de Grass Tyson, Kaku) as well, plus will read the odd general fiction.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I'm Squire. I live in Kansas City MO and I lead a wonderfully boring life. It's just me, my books and my dog Jake.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    <---, but without the digits.

I live with these turkeys in NJ.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17620[/ATTACH]
    First off, nice you met you officially Dave and fellow CD members (addicts) . 2nd, is this a common occurrence in Jersey??

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    My name is Andrew, and through no fault of my own I find myself alive on Earth without an instruction manual. Though on the way here they told me life would be like a cross between Space Invaders and ice fishing.

ice invaders glass.jpg
    Last edited by bugen; 01-25-2016, 04:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    <---, but without the digits.

I live with these turkeys in NJ.
    12646927_10208540982192845_6060610871257286643_o.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    My name is Martin. I live in Southwest Washington.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    <--------

Leave a comment:

Working...
X