The New Guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Guy.

Hi all. New to CD and the forum. I guess you can say I've jumped in with both feet as I've already placed several orders as well as a subscription to the magazine and the book club as well. Hoping to jump into the Collectors Club next time around also. I've already tortured poor Mindy with countless emails. Surprised she hasn't returned my money and said, "Your not worth the hassle"! lol. I can't say that I'm really well read; most of my reading has been of King, but I'm open to suggestions as there seems to be some very appealing authors published here. Bentley Little for one really interest me seeing how King seems to have good things to say about him. Some of Brian Freeman's work looks really interesting too along with the stuff Richard as done.

My first order experience didn't go too well as my book arrived damage and silly me chose media mail. Word to the wise, never do that. Anyway, Mindy has been kind enough to work with me on the issue all the same even though the damage was no fault of CDs and upgraded my future orders to UPS (at my cost) so we don't have that issue again.

I wonder if CD is a valid reason for my credit card company to increase my limit lol. This place is like stumbling into a haunted candy store on All Hallows' Eve .

Brian

Hi Brian. Welcome to the board!
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Brian! Good choice in joining the book club and the CDCC is always worth it!

Comment

Welcome Brian. I have been doing business with Cemetery Dance since 1998 and have found that good customer service is in their culture. Everyone I have dealt with is focused on satisfying the customer. Like most I found CD while looking for a Stephen King related book, in my case 999, but I am unable to tell you how many great authors I have been introduced to. The book clubs and the grab bags are great ways to read new authors. In addition to the authors you mentioned above some of my favorite currently working with CD include Kealan Patrick Burke, Ray Garton and Mick Garris. They recently introduced me to Ronald Malfi and I must say I will be searching for more of his stories. I also think the Collector's Club is a must!

Comment

Welcome aboard! I am one who found CD by looking for King books as well. Once I found this place, I couldn't believe I had never heard of them before. That was all in the last 3 or 4 years now (I think). Great people at CD, great people on the forum here, and of course...great books! As Martin said, the grab bags are great, and I participated in one Collector's Club and loved the stuff included with it. Also a great way to find new authors.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and the suggestions. Really looking forward to all the books coming my way. CD has been great to work with and it feels good to support an American small business. I'm sure their cost isn't cheap and it's great to know that you still can get what ya pay for in this country. They got me again last night with the 33% offer lol. Resistance is futile!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Thanks for the warm welcome guys and the suggestions. Really looking forward to all the books coming my way. CD has been great to work with and it feels good to support an American small business. I'm sure their cost isn't cheap and it's great to know that you still can get what ya pay for in this country. They got me again last night with the 33% offer lol. Resistance is futile!!!
              Just wait until your in the Collector's Club. It is hard to resist the offers but there are so many it is necessary at times!
              Last edited by Martin; 09-02-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

No doubt that would be the case for sure Martin. I'll buy the King DoubleDay years for sure but probably just the gift editions. I'm no critic by any means but some of his best work in this Constance Reader's opinion. The one book I will end up spending a pretty penny on will be The Stand. My favorite book of all time and one of a rare few I have read more than once. Just hope I get to the email in time to order the high end edition.

Comment

Welcome Brian, I can relate to what you wrote as I got the bug in 2000 looking for A King book. I've been hooked ever since. CD has introduced me to many new authors since then. Ray Garton and Jack Ketchum are now a couple of my all time favorites. Heed Martin's words he knows of which he speaks, you will be astounded by their many deals. Anyway congratulations on your new found find. You will enjoy it here but you may never leave. LOL

Comment

Welcome to the board and the world of limited edition book collecting!

Comment

Thanks guys! Love the Hotel California reference lol. Sweet ride ya got there also.

Comment

Working...
                      X