Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haven Foundation fundraiser 2015 and Grand Prize (Stephen King Inscribed Book)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Haven Foundation fundraiser 2015 and Grand Prize (Stephen King Inscribed Book)

Each year, The Dark Tower forum raises funds to support The Haven Foundation by auctioning various collectible books and artwork, with 100% of the net proceeds going directly to this charity. Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

The Dark Tower forum's annual Haven Foundation fundraiser, offers a unique opportunity to acquire new and value added Stephen King books and memorabilia. They have auctioned quite a few "Exclusive to the HF" items over the years, including the famed Glenn Chadbourne "Ultimate Rat" remarqued copy of Full Dark No Stars and many other unique items that have been exclusive to the Haven Fund. The artists that contribute will do work for the Haven Foundation they would not do ordinarily. Several book dealers and very high profile artists have already committed to donating some absolutely stellar items for this year's fundraiser!!!

For everyone who has yet to experience this fundraiser, in addition to awesome auction items, there are generally prizes, contests and benefits for donating to the Haven Foundation. Suffice to say, in addition to helping the Haven Fund and all the good karma that doing so brings, there is always a lot of FUN to be had!!!

This year, every person who donates $10 or more to the fundraiser, or donates an item used for auction or giveaway will receive one entry into a prize draw (a maximum 10 entries per donor) for a chance to win some amazing prizes. Items for this prize draw have yet to be finalized, but rest assured they will be really exciting and cool!

Stephen King has kindly agreed to personalize one of his books
    to the Grand Prize winner!!!

Last year's Grand Prize winner received an inscribed Gift Edition of The Shining:

77451c78-16a8-4ff2-884c-ef412d677e88_zps2afc9ed9.jpg f33bac38-fe33-4f35-bb25-8a4f4c0768b7_zps865d6871.jpg

The Haven Foundation Fundraiser 2015 has now started!!!

The 2015 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation officially started on January 1st and will run through May 19, 2015.
    Last year raised $13,900! The goal for this year is $15,000.

100% of the net proceeds from all cash, check, PayPal gift donations and eBay auctions will be forwarded to The Haven Foundation. (eBay ad insertion, commission, shipping fees and shipping materials are the expenses that will be paid from the Gross proceeds).

If you have any questions regarding the Haven Foundation or the fundraising campaign, please do not hesitate to post a message on this thread or contact me via PM.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/index.php

Let's raise some money folks!!!

03806399-80df-4e04-9696-670b452d963b_zps353db11c.jpg
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Sounds pretty damn cool, but I couldn't find the fundraiser itself on the site, just a forum post promoting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Sounds pretty damn cool, but I couldn't find the fundraiser itself on the site, just a forum post promoting it.
      The link I attached was to The Dark Tower forum home page. I will be posting details of each auction and attaching links very soon...

I will also post details about some fun contests that are happening for the fundraiser too!!!
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Awesome!!! Great charity and wonderful folks that support it!!
        My Collection:
        http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
        Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
        http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Very nice!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just an FYI the auction threads should be posted in the Book Market section. I move the ones you posted there awhile.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Just an FYI the auction threads should be posted in the Book Market section. I move the ones you posted there awhile.
              Sorry about that. I wasn't sure where to post them, but I will make sure they go in Book Market section from now on.
              - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
              X