Helping the Hoss: A Benefit Book Auction for James Newman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping the Hoss: A Benefit Book Auction for James Newman

Many of you know about our good friend James Newman's recent accident and the debilitating injuries he suffered because of it. James is back home from the hospital now, but he's in alot of pain and will be out of work for quite a while, recuperating and doing some torturous physical therapy.

I am in the process of putting together a benefit book auction to be held on the week of May 11th through the 17th. Dozens of signed books from your favorite horror authors and publishers have been pledged and are arriving at the Kelly house daily. I urge you to join us on eBay on the week of May 11-17 and bid on a book or two. It would be an excellent opportunity to beef up your bookcase, as well as help a good man and his family make it through a very difficult time.

You can read all the details, as well as a long list of contributing authors and publishers on my blog at Southern-Fried & Horrified (see link below). Thanks, y'all!

http://ronaldkelly.blogspot.com/2014...ction-for.html

Here is an updated list of those who are participating in the book auctions. Thanks to everyone who answered my messages concerning this event, and those who contacted me offering items for bid.

Help the Hoss - Contributors.jpg

Comment

Here's an unexpected donation that showed up on my side porch late last night. I was totally floored. A big thanks to Bill Shafer at Subterranean Press for sending this in.

022.jpg

Comment

Wow! It's great to see so many people get involved. I hope the auction will be a huge success!

Comment

WOW! That is a truly awesome book that Bill at Sub Press donated! I am sure it will fetch a very high price on the auction... That I believe, is absolutely nailed on!!
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

Very nice and I won't be bidding on this lol!!
            Mike

Comment

Here are some more signed books I received last week from Bryan Smith, Kristopher Rufty, Peter Giglio, and S.S. Michaels. Thanks guys!

003.jpg

Comment

Very nice! Hope the auction goes well, I'll be watching.

Comment

My wife, Joyce, stopped by the post office during her lunch hour and picked up twelve packages for Helping the Hoss: A Benefit Book Auction for James Newman! Beautiful, signed books from Joe Lansdale, John R. Little, Roy Robbins, Michael McBride, Gene O'Neill, Ronald Malfi, Brady Allen, Christopher Golden, Brian Hodge, Tim Waggoner, Roger Trexler, Michael Knost, and Mark Allan Gunnells. Thanks, legion of hosses!

005.jpg

Comment

Wow. Looks like it's going to be quite the auction.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Today's mail brought new donations for the auction: signed books from F. Paul Wilson, Graham Masterson, J.F. Gonzalez, Jeff Strand, and seven trade paperbacks from Michael Wilson at Permuted Press.

006.jpg

Comment

This just keeps getting better.

Comment

Howdy Folks!

Well, today's the day! At 5:00 PM this evening Central Time, I'll begin listing books for the Helping the Hoss Benefit Book Auction. All books will be signed by the authors. Here's the line-up for tonight's eBay listings:

May 11th

The Hunter from the Woods - Robert McCammon

Grimm Awakenings - Bryan Smith

Lesser Creatures - Peter Giglio

The Burden of Indigo - Gene O'Neill

Vector Borne - Michael McBride

December Park - Ronald Malfi

Restless Shadows ( limited edition slipcased) - Ronald Kelly

Blood Red - James A. Moore

Scratch (remarqued by the artist) - Brian Keene & Russell Dickerson

Ugly as Sin - James Newman

The Summer of Winters - Mark Allan Gunnells

Coldbrook - Tim Lebbon

Specters in Coal Dust - signed by Brian J. Hatcher & Ronald Kelly

Legends of the Mountain State 3 - signed by Brian J. Hatcher

Screaming to Get Out - J.F. Gonzalez

The Wicked - James Newman

For more details and the line-ups for May 12, 13, and 14th, you can check out this blog post:

http://ronaldkelly.blogspot.com/2014...ing-begin.html

I'll be posting links to my eBay feed tonight so you can get that with the click of a mouse. I hope everyone will check the listings tonight and find something special to add to their horror fiction bookshelf.

Many Happy Nightmares!

Ron

Comment

Trying to help but so far I am being out bid. I did post the link on Facebook so more people could get involved. So far things are looking great. Great job Ron.

Comment

Here is the link for the eBay auctions... I was so busy last night that I forgot to post it here.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rkelly3368/m...s=1&_ipg&_from

Tonight on Phase 2 of the James Newman Benefit Book Auction, I'll be listing signed books by Joe Lansdale, Rick McCammon, Brian Hodge, Graham Masterson, and a dozen others.
                              Last edited by Ronald Kelly; 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X