X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Exactly!
    Per Mr. Freeman in the Gone Girl thread: "there are more Flynn books to come!"

And, in response to bsaenz, no less . . "Correct, those who buy GONE GIRL directly from us will get advance notices on the other Flynn books and also the opportunity to get matching numbers."

Since she only wrote two other books and Brian mentioned "books" that doesn't leave many options, does it?

Nope. So, it may not be "announced" but there is confirmation that it is happening.

Case closed!
    Last edited by BrianS; 03-27-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
      Per Mr. Freeman in the Gone Girl thread: "there are more Flynn books to come!"

And, in response to bsaenz, no less . . "Correct, those who buy GONE GIRL directly from us will get advance notices on the other Flynn books and also the opportunity to get matching numbers."

Since she only wrote two other books and Brian mentioned "books" that doesn't leave many options, does it?

Nope. So, it may not be "announced" but there is confirmation that it is happening.

Case closed!
      Wow, I think you are taking this a little bit too seriously.

You do know that there is isn't really a prize on offer don't you?
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

You do know that there is isn't really a prize on offer don't you?
        I was actually thinking of giving a prize to the first person to guess correctly in this thread.

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          I was actually thinking of giving a prize to the first person to guess correctly in this thread.

Brian
          Oh Wow!!! It's all to play for now then...

Thinking of which, maybe the correct book hasn't been mentioned yet then? Or has it? Hmmmm, that's got me thinking some more now....
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

Don't take the bait. Brian is just trying to drive you nuts.....and it seems to be working.
            Oh Wow!!! It's all to play for now then...

Thinking of which, maybe the correct book hasn't been mentioned yet then? Or has it? Hmmmm, that's got me thinking some more now....

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Don't take the bait. Brian is just trying to drive you nuts.....and it seems to be working.
              Bugger... It's too late, I took the bait before I had the chance to read your post and have just spent the last 2 hours doing some very thorough research.

He also managed to drive me nuts LOL!!!
              - Stephen King

Comment

Brian drove me nuts enough to do the following research:

Another piece of information from The Dark Tower forum to consider...

Brian was asked the following question:

The Dark Tower Forum: Originally Posted by surly
                Are you able to at least tell us if the April 7 announcement will be for a lengthy pre-order, or is it something that will be ready to ship in the not-too-distant future?
                Brian answered with the following:

The Dark Tower Forum: Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman
                Shipping in late summer.

Brian
                If the book is to be shipped during this summer of this year, the odds on Firestarter being announced have lengthened somewhat as the book would need to be published in 2015 to meet it's 35th Anniversary date, unless of course CD are willing to publish the deluxe edition of this book outside of an Anniversary date like Sub Press did with The Shining.

A 25th Anniversary Edition of The Dark Half is still in the running, but it was originally published in October of 1989, so having a shipping date set for late summer doesn't quite fit right with this. The fire in the teaser advert (if relevant) doesn't match with this book either.

A S/L of Mr Mercedes could be a possibility, as this book is due to be published by Scribner whose parent company is none other than Simon & Schuster. The book is to be published in June, so a CD shipping date of late summer would also match. However, the fire teaser advert doesn't fit (again if relevant) with the plot summary of this book and Brian's statement "This will probably be one of our most important projects in a very long time" doesn't match with it being a new novel just like Doctor Sleep that was published only last fall.

A S/L of Revival is pretty much out of the running, as the book is not set to be published until November, unless Scribner (Simon & Schuster) gave permission to CD to publish the deluxe S/L edition before their own trade edition, which seems unlikely.

The announcement that the book is to be shipped in the late summer of this year, leaves the door open for 3 more contenders:

The Secretary of Dreams Vol 3, which would follow the tradition of each volume so far being published every four years (Vol 1 in 2006 and Vol 2 in 2010). The 9x12 size format of this book would also fit with the teaser statement of there being "a Big Cemetery Dance announcement coming". Not sure where the fire in the teaser advert would fit with this though...

The Long Walk is due it's 35th Anniversary this year and was originally published during the month of July in 1979, so a summer shipping date would fit nicely. As this is a fairly short book as far as Stephen King books go, it could also lend itself to being adapted into a graphic novel like my previous suggestion regarding a 35th Anniversary Edition of Firestarter. However unlike the latter, the fire teaser advert not does match with The Long Walk.

Finally, there could be a 35th Anniversary Edition of The Dead Zone. The book was originally published by Viking Press, whose parent company is now the Penguin Random House Group. It was also published during the month of August, so a late summer shipping date would be spot on. Interestingly, there are several plot devices in The Dead Zone which involve fire. Johnny Smith has a very graphic vision of a graduation party burning down and later, a horrific vision of a nuclear war being started by Greg Stillson - whom during the book also sets fire to a teenager's shirt during a fight with a broken bottle. As far as the fire teaser advert goes, it's not as strong a link as Firestarter but with the announced book being published this year instead of 2015, I think the link is strong enough to make it a possibility.

The information gained about the shipping date changes things slightly, but I think Firestarter is still very much in running. I personally think it's a toss up between Firestarter and The Dead Zone at this point.
                - Stephen King

Comment

I would love it to be The Dead Zone! The fire could fit in with Johnny's apocalyptic visions.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Let's consider everything up to this point to be "musing out loud." No one is entered into my new unofficial and "just for fun" contest yet.

I have a handful of prizes to give away. Some are for "most creative guess" and some are for "because I liked that guess" and the big one is for "most accurate guess." The big one is from my personal collection and is very cool.

1) To be entered into the contest, you need to post your guess IN THIS THREAD and say, "This is my official guess."

2) One guess per person. Speculate all you want, but you can only have ONE official guess.

3) Don't be vague. Just naming the author won't win you the big prize. You need to list the title, or titles, or a specific concept for a project.

4a) Bonus points will be awarded if you explain your guess. Example: "My official guess is that it'll be a Twilight Limited Edition because April 7 is the first day of the First Quarter moon."

4b) It has nothing to do with Twilight.

5) Winners will be picked by me, sometime after April 7th, but probably not for a few days after the announcement because I have an insane amount of media work to do in the days after a big announcement and usually something in the range of 1000 to 2000 emails to answer in those days. But I will pick winners and contact them via PM or email, and then I will post the usernames of the winners here as soon as I've confirmed them all.

6) For the BIG prize, if more than one person guesses correctly, I'll draw a name out of a hat since I only have one of these to give away. The other correctly guessing folks will get a runner up prize.

Finally: this is my contest, not sponsored by anyone but me, and I can end it at any time if it turns out to be no fun. So have fun!

Brian

P.S. I just realized a deadline would be a good thing. Let's have all of the official guesses in place by 8 PM eastern time on Sunday, April 6, 2014 -- OR the moment when word leaks out as determined by when my inbox lights up with emails. Thanks!
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I would think Firestarter wouldn't be the answer as it's been done in a limited and deluxe edition already. An anniversary edition is a possibility at some point, but I don't think this will be it because of the fact Brian is saying this is one of their most important projects in a while. To me, an anniversary edition doesn't fall in this category for CD. Yes IT was one, but it didn't have a deluxe limited edition yet.

Comment

..........Are you listening to Styx????? You got to much time on your hands...
                        Brian drove me nuts enough to do the following research:

Another piece of information from The Dark Tower forum to consider...

Brian was asked the following question:

Brian answered with the following:

If the book is to be shipped during this summer of this year, the odds on Firestarter being announced have lengthened somewhat as the book would need to be published in 2015 to meet it's 35th Anniversary date, unless of course CD are willing to publish the deluxe edition of this book outside of an Anniversary date like Sub Press did with The Shining.

A 25th Anniversary Edition of The Dark Half is still in the running, but it was originally published in October of 1989, so having a shipping date set for late summer doesn't quite fit right with this. The fire in the teaser advert (if relevant) doesn't match with this book either.

A S/L of Mr Mercedes could be a possibility, as this book is due to be published by Scribner whose parent company is none other than Simon & Schuster. The book is to be published in June, so a CD shipping date of late summer would also match. However, the fire teaser advert doesn't fit (again if relevant) with the plot summary of this book and Brian's statement "This will probably be one of our most important projects in a very long time" doesn't match with it being a new novel just like Doctor Sleep that was published only last fall.

A S/L of Revival is pretty much out of the running, as the book is not set to be published until November, unless Scribner (Simon & Schuster) gave permission to CD to publish the deluxe S/L edition before their own trade edition, which seems unlikely.

The announcement that the book is to be shipped in the late summer of this year, leaves the door open for 3 more contenders:

The Secretary of Dreams Vol 3, which would follow the tradition of each volume so far being published every four years (Vol 1 in 2006 and Vol 2 in 2010). The 9x12 size format of this book would also fit with the teaser statement of there being "a Big Cemetery Dance announcement coming". Not sure where the fire in the teaser advert would fit with this though...

The Long Walk is due it's 35th Anniversary this year and was originally published during the month of July in 1979, so a summer shipping date would fit nicely. As this is a fairly short book as far as Stephen King books go, it could also lend itself to being adapted into a graphic novel like my previous suggestion regarding a 35th Anniversary Edition of Firestarter. However unlike the latter, the fire teaser advert not does match with The Long Walk.

Finally, there could be a 35th Anniversary Edition of The Dead Zone. The book was originally published by Viking Press, whose parent company is now the Penguin Random House Group. It was also published during the month of August, so a late summer shipping date would be spot on. Interestingly, there are several plot devices in The Dead Zone which involve fire. Johnny Smith has a very graphic vision of a graduation party burning down and later, a horrific vision of a nuclear war being started by Greg Stillson - whom during the book also sets fire to a teenager's shirt during a fight with a broken bottle. As far as the fire teaser advert goes, it's not as strong a link as Firestarter but with the announced book being published this year instead of 2015, I think the link is strong enough to make it a possibility.

The information gained about the shipping date changes things slightly, but I think Firestarter is still very much in running. I personally think it's a toss up between Firestarter and The Dead Zone at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          P.S. So... Does anyone want to keep track of the "official" guesses for me?
                          Nice one, Brian! This sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I would also be willing to keep track of the of all the "official" guesses for you.

I am going to take a bit more thought before I finally decide and enter my "official" guess...
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            ..........Are you listening to Styx????? You got to much time on your hands...
                            Hahahaha!!! You said the same when I did all that research and predicted Gone Girl!
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Well I have a good idea of some exclusions:
                              Secretary of Dreams 3 (I remember Brian mentioning this not happening any time soon)
                              Thinner (PS is doing it soon)
                              Firestarter (This one makes sense, but if it's planned publication is this summer the anniversary date will be off)

So Dark Half and Dead Zone make sense for anniversary editions, but neither have had much for limited editions (Dead Zone had an Easton, but not a signed limited). So I'll make an official guess and go with Stephen King's Dead Zone 35th anniversary edition, just seems like the more popular of the two, and had a few scenes with fire in it, like T_Dogz pointed out.
                              Last edited by Theli; 03-28-2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                Well I have a good idea of some exclusions:
                                Secretary of Dreams 3 (I remember Brian mentioning this not happening any time soon)
                                Thinner (PS is doing it soon)
                                Firestarter (This one makes sense, but if it's planned publication is this summer the anniversary date will be off)

So Dark Half and Dead Zone make sense for anniversary editions, but neither have had much for limited editions (Dead Zone had an Easton, but not a signed limited). So I'll make an official guess and go with Stephen King's Dead Zone 35th anniversary edition, just seems like the more popular of the two, and had a few scenes with fire in it, like T_Dogz pointed out.
                                A good choice, Dan! I have logged your "official" guess for the contest.
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X