This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Well, as I previously correctly predicted the announcement of Gone Girl after undertaking a serious amount of detective work, I think that if I am also correct with this announcement I should win a Lettered copy.
    I do recall someone else suggesting Gillian Flynn first though . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not sold that it's going to be Firestarter. I definitely think it is a good guess given what we know, but there are a couple things that make me feel that Firestarter might not be it.

1. The teaser would be a little too on the nose. Fire around the date and a confirmation that it is King-related, just reads as too easy to hit the mark. If that's the case, why not go the SP route and announce the book and the later on sale date? Also, the teasers have never been that obvious, at least not until retrospect.

2. Brian stated that this would be one of the most important books they've done in a very long time. While publishing a s/l of Firestarter would be cool, I don't see how it would rank as being a "most important" book. Yes, it's a Stephen King classic, but not one of the heavies.

3. This is a little out there, but food for thought: The original question was if this book was King-related and Brian's response was that they save the date for only one author so that would be likely. One could read that interaction as it saying that it is a King book. But it could also be read that Brian was only confirming it was King-related. What if it isn't a King book but rather one by someone who gathers a lot of overlap and attention from King's fans...Joe Hill? Wouldn't the fire work just as well for Horns and be less obvious?

Any thoughts?
      An initial thought for me was Joe Hill's The Fireman but the fire might be to obvious for that too.

Comment

The Fireman would be cool and the coordinated announcement makes sense since the William Morrow announcement has not happened yet.
        Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        An initial thought for me was Joe Hill's The Fireman but the fire might be to obvious for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
          I would be all over that! As far as being obvious, I believe you are the only one to bring that up, so maybe not. Definitely not as obvious as Firestarter.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was all but confirmed to be an SK title. Maybe I'm wrong.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just got the April Book Club code. Time to buy a gift cert and be ready for April 7th!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                Just got the April Book Club code. Time to buy a gift cert and be ready for April 7th!!!
                Just did the same!!

Comment

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/877341.Fire

Maybe it's this???

Probably not, as it's not King - but....just spreading the fire. But it would the 25th anniversary!!!!!!
                  Last edited by TJCams; 03-27-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
                    I do recall someone else suggesting Gillian Flynn first though . . .
                    You mentioned Gillian Flynn but then went on to suggest the wrong book title....

Close, but no cigar!!!

Originally Posted by BrianS
                    What about Gillian Flynn? Dark Places was one of the better thrillers I have read in a long while and the three books would make a nice set.
                    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 03-27-2014, 06:54 PM.
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure it was all but confirmed to be an SK title. Maybe I'm wrong.
                      Over at The Dark Tower Forum, Brian was asked the following question:

Dark Tower Forum: Originally Posted by herbertwest
                      BRIAN : can we know if it's King related or not?
                      Brian answered with the following:

Dark Tower Forum: Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman
                      Looking back at our history, we've only done little teaser sites and "save the date" announcements for one author, so... that seems very likely to me.

Brian
                      Therefore it's absolutely nailed on that the announcement on 7th April 2014 will be a Stephen King book...
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

There go my hopes of the first Danielle Steel limited edition from CD.....oh well, if it's King, I "guess" that's ok.....

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                          You mentioned Gillian Flynn but then went on to suggest the wrong book title....

Close, but no cigar!!!
                          I believe it is Martin who gets the prize.

Comment

Hmmm - not so fast there Dogz - a close read shows that I only said that Dark Places was one of the "better thrillers I have read" - and that is true - I have not read Gone Girl. And then I went on to suggest that all three would make a nice set which . . . wait for it . . . is EXACTLY what is happening!
                            <----THIS GUY for the win!

Comment

I don't believe CD would announce another Gillian Flynn title until the last one is shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                I don't believe CD would announce another Gillian Flynn title until the last one is shipped.
                                Exactly!
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X