X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    Maybe it's The Stand.
    It's my #1 King-book, but one limited is enough. Plus, that edition can never be topped.
    I prefer something different.
    Something not-King even...

sk

Comment

I wouldn't mind if it was not-King either. I like my King, however there are a lot of good authors out there that would make some awesome CD limited type run editions. Although, I am pretty sure this is a King announcement in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        I wouldn't mind if it was not-King either. I like my King, however there are a lot of good authors out there that would make some awesome CD limited type run editions. Although, I am pretty sure this is a King announcement in the making.
        It's going to be both. A Stephen King announcement is pretty much nailed on, but it looks very much like it's going to also be a multi book deal of some sorts featuring other authors. So everyone is happy!
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Keep in mind that we're signing deals right now for books that won't be announced, let alone published, until 2015 and 2016. So any deals we're signing this month may have absolutely nothing to do with the announcement.

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Brian - and I am sure that's the case with this announcement. I do suspect the "fire" related to the special site is part of this. With Firestarter being a 1980 release, my guess is a 35th anniversary ed, similar to what happened with It (although that was before my time here), for 2015 publication date (as T-Dogz mentioned on page 1). It adds up to me like that. Even The Dark Man - was tagged as "something dark is coming....".

I could be totally wrong and way off base - it does happen sometimes.

Comment

I would like to see the teaser advert that CD put on the forum just before announcing IT 25th Anniversary Edition, to see how it compares with this one. I am sure that the fire in the current advert is relevant, but would like to see how relevant the advert was for IT.

I saw the original teaser advert for IT once before, but I cannot find it now.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Honestly I think you an TJ hit the nail on the head with Firestarter. But I hope not! I would kill for a nice copy if 'Salem's Lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  Honestly I think you an TJ hit the nail on the head with Firestarter. But I hope not! I would kill for a nice copy if 'Salem's Lot.
                  Unfortunately, I really can't see Stephen King authorising another S/L of Salem's Lot only 10 years after CP's edition. It would not make business sense for CD to release it either, when there are plenty of other Stephen King books that have never received the deluxe S/L treatment.
                  - Stephen King

Comment

I just found the original teaser advert for IT 25th Anniversary Edition.

SomethingBig.jpg
                    - Stephen King

Comment

So we each win a deluxe copy then???

Comment

I'm sure that's how it works. I'll just take a regular limited for agreeing with you guys

Comment

Since I like to read my fancy books can I get one deluxe (for my collection) and one regular limited (to read)?

I'm sure that's how it works. I'll just take a regular limited for agreeing with you guys
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                            Keep in mind that we're signing deals right now for books that won't be announced, let alone published, until 2015 and 2016. So any deals we're signing this month may have absolutely nothing to do with the announcement.

Brian
                            This actually makes a lot of sense, as a Stephen King book announcement draws so much attention it essentially becomes commercially redundant trying to announce any other book at the same time. Why attempt to have another author's book compete directly against Stephen King? Surely it makes better business sense to announce the other books separately at a later date?

No doubt there is a multi book deal in the making with Random House and Simon & Schuster, but these books do not need to be announced all together en masse. With this in mind, I am sure that the announcement on 7th April 2014 will be a for a single Stephen King book.
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Well, as I previously correctly predicted the announcement of Gone Girl after undertaking a serious amount of detective work, I think that if I am also correct with this announcement I should win a Lettered copy.
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not sold that it's going to be Firestarter. I definitely think it is a good guess given what we know, but there are a couple things that make me feel that Firestarter might not be it.

1. The teaser would be a little too on the nose. Fire around the date and a confirmation that it is King-related, just reads as too easy to hit the mark. If that's the case, why not go the SP route and announce the book and the later on sale date? Also, the teasers have never been that obvious, at least not until retrospect.

2. Brian stated that this would be one of the most important books they've done in a very long time. While publishing a s/l of Firestarter would be cool, I don't see how it would rank as being a "most important" book. Yes, it's a Stephen King classic, but not one of the heavies.

3. This is a little out there, but food for thought: The original question was if this book was King-related and Brian's response was that they save the date for only one author so that would be likely. One could read that interaction as it saying that it is a King book. But it could also be read that Brian was only confirming it was King-related. What if it isn't a King book but rather one by someone who gathers a lot of overlap and attention from King's fans...Joe Hill? Wouldn't the fire work just as well for Horns and be less obvious?

Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X