This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    I hear ya bro! Lettered Stephen King books are always out of my price range, but one day I'd love to get a signed limited edition. I just thought of something, it will be the 40th anniversary of Salems Lot next year, with Mr. King dissatisfaction with CP's edition we might stand a chance of a new limited edition being printed. With related art, unlike the photography from the CP one (though they are quite nice), preferably Wrightson (unlikely though), it would be truly killer.
    A 40th Anniversary Edition of Salem's Lot would be awesome... Or how about a 30th Anniversary Edition of The Bachman Books?
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      A 40th Anniversary Edition of Salem's Lot would be awesome... Or how about a 30th Anniversary Edition of The Bachman Books?
      Salem's Lot is the only one I'd be interested in.
      MDH

Comment

I like the Bachman Books idea, but I expect he would still not allow Rage to be reprinted.

Comment

Oh, I would DEARLY love for there to be a SoD 3 some day. An April 2014 announcement of that would be AWESOME!!!

Comment

They did say they had to coordinate announcements on April 7th. If this coordination is with S&S have they done any anniversary editions of Kings work?
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I like the Bachman Books idea, but I expect he would still not allow Rage to be reprinted.
              Exactly what I was thinking considering he took that out of print last year. Luckily I already had a copy of it. Still need to read Rage though
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                They did say they had to coordinate announcements on April 7th. If this coordination is with S&S have they done any anniversary editions of Kings work?
                S&S were responsible for initially charging $500 for the Pop-up Limited Edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, then getting greedy and constantly raising the price until it reached a staggering $1,000 for a 14 page book. Not only was this an exercise of corporate greed in the extreme, the $1,000 Limited Edition had only one extra pop at the very front, otherwise the interior of the book was almost identical to the trade edition. It was an absolute piss take!!

Knowing this, I cannot say that the prospect of CD getting in bed with S&S is making me overly excited...
                Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 03-23-2014, 12:54 PM.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

S&S were responsible for initially charging $500 for the Pop-up Limited Edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, then getting greedy and constantly raising the price until it reached a staggering $1,000 for a 14 page book. Not only was this an exercise of corporate greed in the extreme, the $1,000 Limited Edition had only one extra pop at the very front, otherwise the interior of the book was almost identical to the trade edition. It was an absolute piss take!!

Knowing this, I cannot say that the prospect of CD getting in bed with S&S is making me overly excited...
                  Brother, I Love the way you rage against the machine! Keep fighting the good fight!
                  MDH

Comment

Quick thought: if the announcement is going to be a signed limited of Revival or Mr. Mercedes, why would there be contractual agreements in regards to coordinating announcements, since both of the regular editions have already been announced by their publisher? Makes me think it might be something other than those two books. Any thoughts?

Comment

That was my thought as well. The trades for those have already been announced.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Quick thought: if the announcement is going to be a signed limited of Revival or Mr. Mercedes, why would there be contractual agreements in regards to coordinating announcements, since both of the regular editions have already been announced by their publisher? Makes me think it might be something other than those two books. Any thoughts?
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Maybe it's The Stand.

Comment

As long as it's the original version...that's been OOP since 1990.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                            Maybe it's The Stand.
                            Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            As long as it's the original version...that's been OOP since 1990.
                            That would be awesome! Although with a pretty awesome limited edition already out there I don't think this will happen.

Comment

Of the new version. I don't know if there's one of the 1978 edition.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Of the new version. I don't know if there's one of the 1978 edition.
                                I don't think there is one but I thought I read some where that King considers the uncut release the definitive version. This makes me think that he won't permit an s/l of the original. Would be awesome though.

Comment

Working...
                                X