Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thought a lot about this and gone back and forth about it being a U.S. Limited of Carrie or a deal to do limiteds for Revival and Mr. Mercedes. My initial idea over at DT.org was for a Firestarter book. I know you have to coordinate this announcement with another site and you're doing it just before noon so I'm guessing (since you're on the East Coast) that the other company/site is on the West Coast just starting up business between 8:30AM-9:00AM.

It'd be fantastic if CD put together however many collections of rarely seen, un-revised and/or unpublished stories/novels from King, fully illustrated and limited, of course. It's really more of a wishlist since putting together collections of this sort would probably be a legal nightmare. I think you have to get permission from all of the original publishers where these stories came from which could be near impossible for some of them. CD is certainly the one that I think could take on this monumental project. This collection of stories plus the unpublished novels is "My Official Answer" in this contest.

I really don't think I'll be correct, I just hope that CD will take this ball and roll with it. Someone should put all these stories out in nice collections.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by skyofcrack; 04-01-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

A lot of great guesses. Still working out mine. The information about coordinating with another source and the just before noon release time is news to me. Need to rest so maybe I can figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by mattgreenbean View Post
        This is my official guess:

Yep, a lot of guesses are for Firestarter and that would make since with the fire teaser image. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this. Steve has mentioned how he wondered what happened to Danny and Charlie when they grew up. Well we just found out what happened to Danny. Now it's time to find out whatever happened to that fire welding girl.

The sequel to Firestarter is my official guess. Possibly called Revenge of The Shop :P

P.S. You might ask yourself, when? When could Steve have possibly have written this while working on Revival and Mr. Mercedes. Well if anyone could write that much, it would be Stephen freaking King.

P.P.S. You're revealing this news on April 7th because you couldn't possibly have announced on April 1st and anyone believe you.
        I like your thinking. Hope this happens!

Comment

I think there is still that possibility of an S/L of Carrie because PS Publishing basically has the gift/artist edition plus a lettered not announced. Maybe CD squeezed in to do the King signed limited. A bit of clutter but hey who knows. Not my official guess but just an observation.

Comment

Hi folks! I'm new here! I don't know if this has already been guessed because I haven't perused all of the forums, but here's my guess and my reasoning:

Stephen King was born in 1947. Those last two numbers, 4 and 7 match up with April 7th, and of course we all know the significance of the first two numbers, 19.

Because the numbers are from his birth year, my official guess is a Stephen King autobiography!

How cool would that be????

Comment

My official guess is something involving Bad Little Kid in a collection or stand alone.

Comment

"This is my official guess"
                "The Stand" by Stephen King
                - Originally published in September 1978, it's still technically can be 35 year Anniversary Edition, if re-published BEFORE September 2014 (according to Brian, shipment is scheduled for late summer 2014)
                - New S.K. book is not something unusual for CD, but to be "the most important projects in a very long time" the existing level of expectation must be already set and very high, as it's the case with The Stand

Whatever the project is - congratulations and thanks to CD for consistently high quality of production, exception customer service and keeping the community alive and entertained

Comment

Originally posted by ari_racing View Post
                  Considering the hype this announcements create, I can't think it'd be other author than Steve King.

Now even when it could be Secretary of Dreams 3, I remember the first volume had some big teases but not the second one. The last time we had such a big tease it was for IT 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION.

BUT, at the same time, we also had a major tease before Blockade Billy was anounced, and this last book WAS PUBLISHED before Scribner released a larger printing. So it can be reduced to three things: An anniversary edition (this narrows the options to a couple of books, since I can't imagine a 16th anniversary edition of a book ), a S/L of a book that didn't have one before, or a completely new book.

I'd think it's Carrie, since it had an April release, 40th anniversary, but...nope. Somehow I don't see a publisher that has a relationship with PS Publishing doing a S/L of a book they're releasing on the same year.

Okay...enough rambling. This is my official guess:

Needful Things S/L. The image of the announcement made me remember the sign at the store and the fire, well...those who read the book know Leland's plans.

I really, really hope you are wrong with this!!! Not because I hate that book - quite the opposite! I would just HAVE TO buy a lettered edition of Needful Things and I cannot afford to do that right now...
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Intriguing comment on Twitter from Wes Craven re-tweeted by Mr. Chizmar.

Big announcement coming soon. Stay tuned...

Comment

A Nightmare on Elm Street graphic novel series?

Comment

My official guess, I know it has already been guessed but I have a more detailed reason is Firestarter, 35th anniversary Super Deluxe Anniversary edition much like IT. The reason, as others have noted there is fire in the clue, but if you look at the actual fire in the clue and look at the graphics for Firestarter - specifically the Deluxe DVD (rear cover) you will see the exact same fire graphics. It is not in a frame with date, but it is otherwise exactly the same, some coloring, tone to a tee. There may be a version of the DVD where there is a picture frame graphic but I have not seen it. I really wish it was The Stand, I would possibly dig deep for a letterred version (telling the wife I admit "it was over $100.). But I see no way this is not Firestarter. final answer.

Comment

Ok while I think it is either Firestarter or Carrie because of how people have come to their conclusions My guess and it is official is a limited edition of the original cut version of The Stand. Loaded with wonderful art from several different artists.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Ok while I think it is either Firestarter or Carrie because of how people have come to their conclusions My guess and it is official is a limited edition of the original cut version of The Stand. Loaded with wonderful art from several different artists.
                            Nice, Tom. I'd go broke for that one!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm guessing.....The Dark Man II: A Really REALLY Dark Man!!

Comment

This is an unofficial guess because I already threw my hat in the ring, but I am starting to think it's The Stand, the emphasis on big makes me think it likely, and also it being the right year for an anniversary edition. The other possibility that springs to mind is Blaze because of all the fire, but it doesn't seem like as big of an announcement, both literally the size of the book or the significance of the release.

Comment

Working...
                                X