Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the hype this announcements create, I can't think it'd be other author than Steve King.

Now even when it could be Secretary of Dreams 3, I remember the first volume had some big teases but not the second one. The last time we had such a big tease it was for IT 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION.

BUT, at the same time, we also had a major tease before Blockade Billy was anounced, and this last book WAS PUBLISHED before Scribner released a larger printing. So it can be reduced to three things: An anniversary edition (this narrows the options to a couple of books, since I can't imagine a 16th anniversary edition of a book ), a S/L of a book that didn't have one before, or a completely new book.

I'd think it's Carrie, since it had an April release, 40th anniversary, but...nope. Somehow I don't see a publisher that has a relationship with PS Publishing doing a S/L of a book they're releasing on the same year.

Okay...enough rambling. This is my official guess:

Needful Things S/L. The image of the announcement made me remember the sign at the store and the fire, well...those who read the book know Leland's plans.

Comment

My official guess is a S/L of Stephen King's first published story in Startling Mysteries. The Glass Floor. Followed my The REapers Image. Stephen King is feeling nostalgic about his career and CD is "thinking" outside the box for projects and did a great job on The Dark Man.

Thanks for the prize (in advance)!

Comment

Originally posted by Roseannebarr View Post
        My official guess is a S/L of Stephen King's first published story in Startling Mysteries. The Glass Floor. Followed my The REapers Image. Stephen King is feeling nostalgic about his career and CD is "thinking" outside the box for projects and did a great job on The Dark Man.

Thanks for the prize (in advance)!
        I like that! I'm not sure you're right, but I like it.

Comment

My official longshot guess is a s/l hardcover set of the early Richard Bachmann books(minus Rage of course).

They are short enough to release as one volume or individually in one slipcase.

Comment

I have a headache from thinking about this and a neck ache from staring at my books shelves, so I'm throwing in my guess. After much thought and deliberation (have you ever noticed how much King uses fire?!), I have decided that I think it is a S/L of The Bachman Books WITH Rage. I know how King feels about the book, but that's why it would be so very extra-special. Rage is first in the omnibus and starts with a locker fire, and The Running Man is the final book and it ends with fire raining down for blocks.

And who better to do such a special book than Cemetery Dance?

Comment

Geez I have no clue, all the good guesses are taken so my long shot official guess is a signed/limited of The Plant culminating in the final unpublished installment

Comment

"Important" carries an awful lot of weight. I don't know if any new book, except maybe the fabled re-dos of Dark Tower V - VII would count as "important". My official guess is a limited edition version of Night Shift, copiously illustrated and including extra stories that should have been included the first time around. Next year would be the 50th anniversary of "I was a teenage grave robber", so a catalog of pre-Night Shift stories might be considered "important". They could be issued in two volumes, and the first one could be called "Day Shift".

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                  My guess would be a gift and signed limited of King's upcoming Revival.

John
                  Is this your "Official Guess" John?

Unless you say "this is my official guess" your prediction cannot be entered into the contest.
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

The word "important" is throwing me for a loop. I really think this has to be an early work either remade or unpublished. We will all find out in a few days.

Originally posted by Robert Fulman View Post
                    "Important" carries an awful lot of weight. I don't know if any new book, except maybe the fabled re-dos of Dark Tower V - VII would count as "important". My official guess is a limited edition version of Night Shift, copiously illustrated and including extra stories that should have been included the first time around. Next year would be the 50th anniversary of "I was a teenage grave robber", so a catalog of pre-Night Shift stories might be considered "important". They could be issued in two volumes, and the first one could be called "Day Shift".
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My official guess is S/L editions of "Mr. Mercedes" and "Revival", plus a couple of older reissues in S/L format.

There, my hat is in the ring!!
                      My Collection:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                      Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Carrie 40 year Anniversary Edition
                        " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                        - Cicero

Comment

or The Stand 25th Anniversary Edition . M-O-O-N, that spells Tom Cullen
                          " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                          - Cicero

Comment

"This is my official guess."
                            A new edition of Stephen King's Night Shift

Comment

I would be down for an affordable fancy copy of The Stand. I'm clearing out cap space on my CC's for this event. I haven't bought anything out of my budget in awhile so I'm getting prepped.

Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
                              or The Stand 25th Anniversary Edition . M-O-O-N, that spells Tom Cullen
                              Last edited by Ben Staad; 03-30-2014, 01:37 PM.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

My official guess is a previously unpublished story from King ala Blockade Billy?

Comment

Working...
                                X