Reading "Series" out of synch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading "Series" out of synch....

I wasn't sure how to title this thread, but I think I summed it up pretty good.

The reason I am posting this is simple.... I am big fan of the horror/dark fiction, and sci-fi as by top two genres I enjoy. I have been doing some research on goodreads specifically to expand my horizons I guess you could say. One thing that has caught my attention is the Pendergast series by Preston/Child (haven't read one yet), and also the Sigma Force series by James Rollins (again, haven't read one yet). I was thinking of picking one of these (or both eventually) up and giving it a go. The books in both sounds very exciting and have a sense of science/reality to them. For anyone who has read any of these series, or other ones I guess, does it really matter which one you read first? Are they really tied that much together? Eg. Sigma Force series - reading The Last Oracle before Sandstorm, or Pendergast - reading Cabinet of Curiosities before Relic.

For the Pendergast series there are two trilogies that should be read in order but I think the others can be read in any order, that's what I did any way.

For the Sigma series, I recommend reading them in order because there is an underlying story that follows the whole series.

Comment

Relic and Reliquary (Pendergast) should be read in order. Relic first. Though you can read Pendergast out of order, there are alwayslittle references to previous cases or to where he met certain characters, so I am glad I read them in order, but of course, to each his own.

Comment

I am debating between starting one of the two series I mentioned. One book too I wanted to grab is Thunderhead by Preston/Child - I don't think is part of the Pendergast series though.

What did you guys think of those series, having read them?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          I am debating between starting one of the two series I mentioned. One book too I wanted to grab is Thunderhead by Preston/Child - I don't think is part of the Pendergast series though.

I have really enjoyed all of their books.

Comment

I like the Sigma series more than the Pendergast series, but I read both.

Comment

Thunderhead is not but I do think that a character from the first 2 books is in this one. Read it a long time ago. Relic should be first. As that is the first story in the series.Lays down a good understanding of the main characters.

Comment

Working...
              X