Zombie Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie Fiction

What are some great Zombie books? Collections, anthologies, novels, anything. There is so much crap out there it's hard to wade through it all. I recently ordered The Rising, which i had started years ago, but put down because I hadn't enjoyed it at the time, I plan to give it another shot. I also have World War Z on pre-order from CD, and Undead by John Russo from CD. What else out there is good? Are these even good?

I read a zombie anthology on my Kobo, that I won off LibraryThing - Appalachian Undead. I'm not into the zombie genre much, and there were plenty of short stories - some better than others. I would say to give it a shot, especially if you are into zombies.

Comment

I haven't read many, but I really enjoyed The Reapers Are The Angels by Alden Bell. There is a sequel but I haven't read that yet.
      Last edited by Joe315; 11-05-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed The Walking Dead comic series. There's lots of zombies in that...
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
          I enjoyed The Walking Dead comic series. There's lots of zombies in that...
          I've been reading them slowly in graphic novel form. Great series.

Comment

My favorites are The Rising, Desper Hollow by Elizabeth Massie,I too loved Appalachian Undead a very good collection.Also the prequel to Desper Hollow is in that collection. Also Dead Earth by Mark Justice and David T. Wilbanks. And one that put the story from the zombies perspective The Changed by BJ Burrow. That is a great read.

Comment

Haven't read a whole lot of zombie lit but I do like David Moody, Max Brooks and the Book of the Dead Anthology by Skipp and Spector, one of my favorite zombie related stories is Calcutta: Lord of Nerves by Poppy Z Brite from Book of the Dead 2, haven't read any of the other stories from that one but I love that story

Comment

My pick is for Jonathan Maberry, in particular the Ledger series.

Comment

I admit that I'm not a fan of zombie literature. But I did like this one https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...pocalypse?ac=1.

Vegan Zombie Apocalypse trashes the time-honored rules of the zombie, while paying homage to them. And manages to throw in something to offend everybody. Probably not for the zombie purist or hardcore fan, but I found it fun.
                  Last edited by srboone; 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hi Tommy. Good call on David Moody--and Max Brooks. Not to mention John and Craig's groundbreaker! Have you seen the movie, AUTUMN, based on the Moody novel? Very well done. Really gives you the "bleak" creeps.

Comment

Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
                      Hi Tommy. Good call on David Moody--and Max Brooks. Not to mention John and Craig's groundbreaker! Have you seen the movie, AUTUMN, based on the Moody novel? Very well done. Really gives you the "bleak" creeps.
                      have not seen the movie version yet, do you know if the whole series will be translated to the big screen?

Comment

Latest Moody news: ISOLATION (original screenplay, I think) is being slowly produced, and described as a very low-funded "labor of love." Moody's novel, HATER, is being produced by director Guillermo del Toro, and Mark Johnson (of BREAKING BAD). No news on any other of the AUTUMN books.

Comment

That's just what I'm looking for. I will pick up Autumn as soon as I can. Is there a signed limited version?

Comment

More info on AUTUMN author David Moody

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                            That's just what I'm looking for. I will pick up Autumn as soon as I can. Is there a signed limited version?
                            Theli: There are signed, hardcover editions of AUTUMN: The Human Condition (last in the series--2013), TRUST (2012), and STRAIGHT TO YOU (1996). All published in collaboration with Gollancz through Moody's imprint, Infected Books.

Comment

I've not read these but saw them on sale so thought others may want to comment if they've read or purchase if they haven't. Each is $1.99 and the posted reviews are generally favorable.
                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...FJHDBI&ie=UTF8

Strangers in the Land (The Zombie Bible) by Stant Litore
                              What Our Eyes Have Witnessed (The Zombie Bible)
                              Death Has Come Up into Our Windows (The Zombie Bible)

Comment

Working...
                              X