Ray Garton RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Garton RIP

I just saw on Instagram from Glen Rolfe that Ray Garton has passed away.  Ray Garton was one of the authors that I was introduced to through Cemetery Dance.  He ended up becoming one of my favorite writers.  I know he was battling some health issues the last few years but man this is a hard one. Rest in peace Ray 

Oh, man, that sucks......Ray was someone whose books I spent hours on E-bay snatching up after I first discovered his work, very late to the party. We used to correspond a lot via e-mail, until he seemed to drop off the face of the Earth a decade or so ago. An opinionated, outspoken man who was not afraid to speak his mind, and he wrote some very entertaining books. I think I'll move one to the top of the pile to enjoy and remember him by.

R.I.P., Ray. I'll miss you.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Man, this is such a bummer! I was at my local Half Price Books over the weekend and actually picked-up one of his books, a like new hard cover LE copy of Biofire (CD version) for $15.

Comment

I knew he was sick, and the recent outpouring X threads of affection for his work led me to think that things were becoming pretty dire, but still…a shock to hear. Very sad, he was one of the greats from back in the day, and was always a very friendly and amiable guy from my periodic interactions with him.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

May he rest in peace.

Ray was an excellent author, had a unique mind, and pushed all kinds of boundaries with his tales. The little interaction I had with him via email were always pleasant.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            I knew he was sick, and the recent outpouring X threads of affection for his work led me to think that things were becoming pretty dire, but still…a shock to hear. Very sad, he was one of the greats from back in the day, and was always a very friendly and amiable guy from my periodic interactions with him.
            He was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about a month or so ago it looks like. There was a gofundme set up to help with medical expenses.  He was definitely a great guy to talk to. I was also able to interact with him there email and through Faces when I was on there years ago.  Bought a few books from him directly over the years that he personalized for me.  

Comment

One of the all time greats!

Comment

So sorry to hear this.

First Jim Moore, and now Ray Garton.

It’s been a rough couple of weeks for the old school horror genre.

R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                X