February 2024 - How many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

This fact really surprised me. When I dipped out of collecting comics, omnibuses weren't really around and trade paperback collections were relatively looked down upon by collectors. When I starting digging back into comics over the last year or two, I was shocked at how expensive some of these go for. I kinda understood the omnibuses due to their hardcover nature, upgraded paper, and whatnot, but even then, they seem a little unwieldly to read (and $300+ for things like Wrath of the Spectre omnibus still shock me a bit) but the fact that trade paperbacks being offered for $100+ just blew my mind.
    I stopped collecting floppies (Monthly comics) in 2011, in favor of collected editions, and I'm amazed at how collectible trade paperbacks and other collected editions are becoming. They mostly have small print runs,and they go out of print FAST. Dark Horse's three CONAN omnibuses sold out practically the day they were each released, and I just saw a set on e-bay priced at close to $1,600.00.

I need to find a way to sell off my collection, lol.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That tale about the gift from your daughter is the best. One of those times where something seems like it'll be pretty cool and then winds up being absolutely perfect. That's pretty awesome.
      Thanks -- it's a pretty great memory for me, I must admit...glad I had this opportunity to share it. A special gift, a special kid.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I really love Tidepool by Nicole Wilson. Richly dark and enthralling! The premise of Tidepool with it’s Lovecraftian vibe sucked me in with vivid imagery and deliciously creepy lore. Sorrow’s brother has not returned from a business trip to Tidepool and it is not like him to disappear without notice. Against her father’s wishes she travels to Tidepool and soon realizes the town has a lot to hide from outsiders and some will stop at nothing to protect their town.

Comment

Working...
        X