Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW EMAIL GROUP LIST CREATED -- all CD forum members invited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW EMAIL GROUP LIST CREATED -- all CD forum members invited!

In this day and age where nothing is permanent or guaranteed, I've created a Groups.io list for all of us here to stay in touch.

Should something happen to this forum, this SmallPressHorror Groups.io list will allow all of us to stay connected via email. If that's of interest to you, the SmallPressHorror group page is below. I think you have to register for a Groups.io account (if you don't already have one), and then once done, simply subscribe to the group at the subscribe link about halfway down the Group's home page (see below). If you need any help (or want a custom email invite with link). DM me here at the forum. Please note that your first post must be approved by me due to the default at Groups.io, but after that, your messages will no longer be moderated; I've tried to keep it as free from moderation and filtering as possible. How active this group will become is up to the community members...but even as a simple backup to this forum, I think it's a nice alternative...just in case.

The introduction to the Group reads, "The SmallPressHorror group list facilitates discussion among readers and collectors of small-press books of horror, science fiction, and crime & mystery. Whether your interest is in signed-and-numbered limited editions, rare high-end lettered editions, or indie trade editions, this list provides an opportunity to share your latest exciting reads; discuss publisher and/or author news, announcements and upcoming releases; explore secondary-market collectible valuation; and express your opinions, recommendations, reviews, and insights on whatever aspect(s) of genre fiction you feel warrant discussion. Small presses which are likely to be discussed include Centipede Press, Suntup Editions, Earthling Publications, SST Publications, Subterranean Press, Lividian Publications, Thunderstorm Books, PS Publishing, Cemetery Dance, Folio Society, Gauntlet Press, Weird House Press, Dark Regions Press, Midworld Press, among others."

Hope to see you all there! We have enough bandwidth for 100 members, but if by chance it ever exceeds that, options to expand that membership number exist.

The home page to subscribe and create a new post is here:

https://groups.io/g/SmallPressHorror

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Just joined.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
      Just joined.
      Good to have you aboard!

Comment

Better safe than sorry!

Comment

I'm in!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The more the merrier!

There are still some names I know from here that missed out on the first-day festivies, so my invitaton to join us is still alive and well -- hope to see you all there!

Comment

I signed up!

Comment

Sweet.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                I signed up!
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I signed up!
                  Hmm, I don't see you listed as a member (unless your email begins with "heidi..." or "svs..."). Don't forget to subscribe to the Group itself at the group's home-page link above after signing up for a Groups.io account, otherwise you're not a member of SmallPressHorror and won't be able to contribute or see the messages. Think of as signing up for the Columbia Record Club (how's that for a blast from the past?)...now you need to tell Columbia (or, in this case, Groups.io) what records (or, in this case, group list(s)) you want to subscribe to.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Hmm, I don't see you listed as a member (unless your email begins with "heidi..." or "svs..."). Don't forget to subscribe to the Group itself at the group's home-page link above after signing up for a Groups.io account, otherwise you're not a member of SmallPressHorror and won't be able to contribute or see the messages. Think of as signing up for the Columbia Record Club (how's that for a blast from the past?)...now you need to tell Columbia (or, in this case, Groups.io) what records (or, in this case, group list(s)) you want to subscribe to.
                    Okay, I think I did it this time.

Comment

Okay, I think I did it this time.
                      Maybe there's a lag on my end before new members are added to the roster, but I'm afraid I'm still not seeing you.

If you (or anyone) are having trouble subscibing, DM me here with your email address, and I can send an official invitation (with presumably a link to make it easy peasy) to join the SmallPressHorror list group from Groups.io.

Comment

Maybe there's a lag on my end before new members are added to the roster, but I'm afraid I'm still not seeing you.

If you (or anyone) are having trouble subscibing, DM me here with your email address, and I can send an official invitation (with presumably a link to make it easy peasy) to join the SmallPressHorror list group from Groups.io.
                        I got on, but I had my email as my member name instead of the alias. I think I got it all fixed now. Sorry to make that difficult!

Comment

I got on, but I had my email as my member name instead of the alias. I think I got it all fixed now. Sorry to make that difficult!
                          Yep, you're good to go. I just didn't recognize the email name with your real name so didn't make the connection, so my fault, but the inclusion of the alias clear things up. Welcome aboard.

Comment

The more the merrier!

There are still some names I know from here that missed out on the first-day festivies, so my invitaton to join us is still alive and well -- hope to see you all there!
                            Just joined!  I believe I am under sholloman81 .  Thanks again Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Just joined! I believe I am under sholloman81 . Thanks again Ron!
                              Yep, I see you now in the roster -- thanks for joining! We still need to get mhatchett and a few other CD folks over there who haven't joined yet, but for the first 24 hours it's been a great turnout and I appreciate everyone's support of this contingency / alternate communication venue.

Comment

Working...
                              X