June 2023 - How many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2023 - How many?

June was another slow reading month as it’s taking me 2+ weeks to work my way through Schindler’s List

1.  Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.  As I find with a lot of older science fiction, the story telling is kind of clunky at times, but (unfortunately), Bradbury’s themes of censorship and nuclear war remain as relevant today as they were 70 years ago.  4 / 5

2.  West of Hell was a three author anthology of weird western stories.  Authors included were James A. Moore, R. B. Wood, and Michael Burke.  I had never heard of Wood or Burke before, and unfortunately, none of the stories really did anything for me.  2.5 / 5

3.  Animal Farm by George Orwell.  Another classic that still holds up today.  Similar to Fahrenheit 451, Orwell’s themes of communism, totalitarianism, and governmental corruption are as relevant today as when the novel was first published nearly 80 years ago.  With Animal Farm and 1984, Orwell was a true, albeit a bleak, visionary.  5 / 5

B

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    June was another slow reading month as it’s taking me 2+ weeks to work my way through Schindler’s List

1. Â Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Â As I find with a lot of older science fiction, the story telling is kind of clunky at times, but (unfortunately), Bradbury’s themes of censorship and nuclear war remain as relevant today as they were 70 years ago. Â 4 / 5

2. Â West of Hell was a three author anthology of weird western stories. Â Authors included were James A. Moore, R. B. Wood, and Michael Burke. Â I had never heard of Wood or Burke before, and unfortunately, none of the stories really did anything for me. Â 2.5 / 5

3. Â Animal Farm by George Orwell. Â Another classic that still holds up today. Â Similar to Fahrenheit 451, Orwell’s themes of communism, totalitarianism, and governmental corruption are as bloxd io relevant today as when the novel was first published nearly 80 years ago. Â With Animal Farm and 1984, Orwell was a true, albeit a bleak, visionary. Â 5 / 5

B
    You were so much faster than me.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

1. Â Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Â As I find with a lot of older science fiction, the story telling is kind of clunky at times, but (unfortunately), Bradbury’s themes of censorship and nuclear war remain as relevant today as they were 70 years ago. Â 4 / 5

2. Â West of Hell was a three author anthology of weird western stories. Â Authors included were James A. Moore, R. B. Wood, and Michael Burke. Â I had never heard of Wood or Burke before, and unfortunately, none of the stories really did anything for me. Â 2.5 / 5

3. Â Animal Farm by George Orwell. Â Another classic that still holds up today. Â Similar to Fahrenheit 451, Orwell’s themes of communism, totalitarianism, and governmental corruption are as relevant today as when the novel was first published nearly 80 years ago. Â With Animal Farm and 1984, Orwell was a true, albeit a bleak, visionary. Â 5 / 5 B
      A wonderful journey. Maybe I have to increase the number of books in my plan.

Comment

Wow, there are so many of them, it's fantastic!

Comment

Working...
        X