Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What author(s) would you like to see have a "Maelstrom"-type line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What author(s) would you like to see have a "Maelstrom"-type line?

I've been thinking about the author-specific imprints I've seen pop up lately. Bryan Smith is getting a line from Thunderstorm and Brian Keene has had one for a few years. I really like the idea of the Maelstrom line (an annual release of 1 novel by Keene, 1 novella by Keene and 1 book by an author that Keene likes) and was wondering what other authors would people like to see have a "Maelstrom"-type line?

Of course, everybody would love Stephen King, so let's get that one out of the way. But what about other authors? My top three picks would be:

1. Kealan Patrick Burke
    2. Joe Lansdale
    3. Jack Ketchum

Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I've been thinking about the author-specific imprints I've seen pop up lately. Bryan Smith is getting a line from Thunderstorm and Brian Keene has had one for a few years. I really like the idea of the Maelstrom line (an annual release of 1 novel by Keene, 1 novella by Keene and 1 book by an author that Keene likes) and was wondering what other authors would people like to see have a "Maelstrom"-type line?

Of course, everybody would love Stephen King, so let's get that one out of the way. But what about other authors? My top three picks would be:

1. Kealan Patrick Burke
    2. Joe Lansdale
    3. Jack Ketchum

Any other suggestions?
    Other than Stephen King? I would probably vote for Clive Barker.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

You know I completely forgot about Barker. Good choice!

Comment

Ray Garton and Edward Lee. Imagine the carnage.

Comment

I would add Joe Hill and Richard Laymon.

Comment

How about McCammon...

Comment

Kealan Patrick Burke for sure, as well as Greg F. Gifune, John Little, Norman Prentiss, and CD's own Brian James Freeman
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
              X