April 2022- How many??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2022- How many??

Finished 6 in April. Pretty much really enjoyed everything I read last month.

1. The Auctioneer by Joan Samson. First time I’ve read this classic about a enigmatic auctioneer who slowly takes over a small midwestern town. 4/5

2. Dreaming in the Dark ed by Jack Dann. An anthology of stories penned by all Australian authors. A pretty good collection, with a few misses. Favorites were ‘Neither Time Nor Tears’ by the always dependable Angela Slatter, ‘In Hornhead Wood’ by Kim Wilkins, & ‘Fade to Grey’ by Janeen Webb. 3.5/5

3. The Island of Dr. Moreau by HG Wells. A reread of my favorite story by Wells. 5/5

4. More Tomorrow & Other Stories by Michael Marshall Smith. What a great collection! Too many great stories to list them all. As with any collection of this size (30 stories & nearly 500 pages) not everything was to my tastes, but there is certainly enough great fiction here to satisfy any horror / SF fan. 4/5

5. Misery by Stephen King. First time reading this King classic in over 30 years. The story of a best selling author with more literary aspirations held hostage by an insane fan still holds up today. 5/5

6. An Antique Vintage by John Pelan (chapbook). My favorite story by Pelan, which owes more than a nod of the head HPL’s ‘The Rats in the Wall’. 4/5

B
Working...
X