O T: I now know a couple of things to not post on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O T: I now know a couple of things to not post on Facebook

Okay, first my experience with Facebook has generally been positive. I've wound up blocking some people who are/were simply put dicks. I do rely on Facebook. Without FB I would have missed more a few programs/events that I love to attend.
    I posted recently in Fans of SST Publications unofficial group on the Bentley Little thread that started on April 22. I posted asking if Bentley Little has a website. My post was deleted by who? FB Admin? I'm not sure. I got a message saying my post went against FB's Community Standards. What the flyin' f- -- k? I commented the next day on the same thread that I got warned about my post and psycho FB Admin sent me another message me that that post goes against our Community Standards. My second post on that thread was also deleted. Maybe someone thought they were being criticized?? This has never happened to me before and I am extremely pissed. Guess I won't be doing any posting in the SST group in the future. It only happened to me in the SST group. Thanks for listening to me vent. I kept this post cleaner than my original intent.

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 04-26-2022, 11:27 PM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Interesting. I'm not part of that group but I can't imagine how that would go against the groups rule(s). Hang in there. I'm only on there to keep up with books. Pretty much all other stuff is ignored.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Interesting. I'm not part of that group but I can't imagine how that would go against the groups rule(s). Hang in there. I'm only on there to keep up with books. Pretty much all other stuff is ignored.
      Thanks Ben. As I indicated I like FB for more than books. BTW, I am fine, I just will not post in that group anymore from this point forward. ~Cap

Comment

I have no comment regarding anything Facebook. I will say that I would be very surprised if Bentley Little had a web site. My understanding is that he avoids publicity and will rarely even comment on his own books.

Comment

Yes, interesting. I also got that message on the SST fan page. Paul Fry posted an apology for not being around more. I replied with " that's ok, we have been keeping busy drooling over your past and future books" and I got the "community standards warning". I was confused about why my comment was deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
            Yes, interesting. I also got that message on the SST fan page. Paul Fry posted an apology for not being around more. I replied with " that's ok, we have been keeping busy drooling over your past and future books" and I got the "community standards warning". I was confused about why my comment was deleted.
            Someone at FB is obsessed with that fan page or maybe they're just a r. ~Cap

Comment

I would think it's the page admin not Facebook at issue. Even if Facebook makes zero sense with how the apply their standards. I run two groups and complaints tagged by members go to me.

Comment

Working...
              X