Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owen King Novel 'The Curator' coming in 2023:

Read this statement today:

NYT Bestselling author Owen King’s THE CURATOR, pitched as a Dickensian fantasy of illusion and charm where cats are revered as religious figures, thieves are noble, scholars are revolutionaries, and conjurers are the most powerful criminals you can imagine, to Nan Graham at Scribner, with Joe Monti editing, in an exclusive submission, for publication in spring 2023, by Amy Williams at The Williams Company (NA). Rights: Jenny Meyer Literary.

The title sounded familiar to me, so I did a little research. THE CURATOR is the title of the story Owen King contributed to the Cemetery Dance anthology DETOURS published in 2015. I do not remember the story well enough to know if this is an expansion of that story. The timeline sounds about right though.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Read this statement today:

NYT Bestselling author Owen King’s THE CURATOR, pitched as a Dickensian fantasy of illusion and charm where cats are revered as religious figures, thieves are noble, scholars are revolutionaries, and conjurers are the most powerful criminals you can imagine, to Nan Graham at Scribner, with Joe Monti editing, in an exclusive submission, for publication in spring 2023, by Amy Williams at The Williams Company (NA). Rights: Jenny Meyer Literary.

The title sounded familiar to me, so I did a little research. THE CURATOR is the title of the story Owen King contributed to the Cemetery Dance anthology DETOURS published in 2015. I do not remember the story well enough to know if this is an expansion of that story. The timeline sounds about right though.
    Sounds interesting. May end up giving it a try but am a bit torn as I loved "We're All in This Together" but disliked "Double Feature". Maybe the lucky folks who receive an ARC can sway me with their reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Sounds interesting. May end up giving it a try but am a bit torn as I loved "We're All in This Together" but disliked "Double Feature". Maybe the lucky folks who receive an ARC can sway me with their reviews.
      My views are close to yours. The title story in WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER was fantastic. In my view DOUBLE FEATURE was an over reach for the author and the story suffered from his attempts to make it more than he was capable of delivering.

Comment

I'm having difficulty imagining a book description that would be of less appeal to me, so have no plans to pick this one up. That said, the only Owen King I've read are his LITTLE BOOK OF... collection and SLEEPING BEAUTIES, and the former was disappointing and the latter was an early DNF, so it's probably for the best, anyway.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yea. I am with you except the fact that I powered through SB. Hated it but I did finish it.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          I'm having difficulty imagining a book description that would be of less appeal to me, so have no plans to pick this one up. That said, the only Owen King I've read are his LITTLE BOOK OF... collection and SLEEPING BEAUTIES, and the former was disappointing and the latter was an early DNF, so it's probably for the best, anyway.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Yea. I am with you except the fact that I powered through SB. Hated it but I did finish it.
            I also don't know why I was able to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by westgolf View Post
              I also don't know why I was able to finish it.
              This post was last year.

Comment

Working...
              X