Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey D, why are you stealing all my snow?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey D, why are you stealing all my snow?!

Looks like you're getting a foot. NICE!

I hope you and yours are all hale and hearty. Happy New Year!
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Holy Mackerel, they're calling for 6-18 inches, and saying that the roads will be a "life-threatening hazard" all day on Monday. I am considered an "essential worker", so my boss expects me in my chair at 6:30 A.M. (What could be more essential than an OB/GYN finance office worker?)
    I'm 51, and already almost died in a wreck on icy roads back in '99.....I am NOT going through that again. As Murtaugh always said, "I'm too old for this shit...."

I'm hoping I can convince my wife to play hooky, and we can keep our little guy company all day and stay warm and safe. We shall see...

Hope you and the Mrs. are doing OK, my friend.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

We're ok, my main Mozain. We're getting rain, and lots of it. DON'T GO TO WORK! Your boss should understand. I use that Murtaugh quote all the time.I earned it!

Love you, buddy. Keep the faith. Better days are coming!
      Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hope so, bud. I'll keep you posted on our storm totals.

Comment

So, did you go to work? I hope not. We got rain and wind, all night.
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I woke up to about a foot of snow. I texted my boss (Who works remotely from a southern state, and has no idea about our Rochester NY weather anymore...) to ask about the prospect of closing the joint down, which has never happened in the close to two decades that I've worked there, and I heard back almost an hour later in a group text that we were closing, and everyone could go back to sleep. Which I did. And as soon as I fell asleep, she texted me and told me that I still had to work from home. Which is ridiculous, as all of my work is based on what happens the day BEFORE, so....tomorrow, I'll have nothing substantial to do. Granted, I have stuff that I can catch up on, but...It was a needless, petty thing, and then she threw in a few threats because I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of being the only person at work actually WORKING today. So I worked all day, and now I have to go deal with the foot of snow that has fallen since this morning. I really AM "Too old for this shit..."

Comment

Your boss is an old crank.

That said, I really like the snow. It makes everything peaceful.

At least it's better than rejuvenation!
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I dunno, I didn't feel too peaceful the three times I had to go out and snowblow, lol.
                Today is sunny and cold. I shoveled up the extra three inches that we had overnight, and the residue is now melting in the sun.

Comment

.Hey D. It snowed. 13 inches

I'VE GOT A BIG MOUTH!!!

My wife offered to help me shovel.

I told her, "I've got it!" The garage door closed just as the snowplow deposited 4 feet of snow in my driveway.
                  Last edited by njhorror; 01-29-2022, 09:57 PM.
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yeah, my Cousin who lives in Princeton told me she got blasted with about a foot. Hope you dug out OK, bro. We've had light snow pretty much all week, but nothing serious, aside from the sub-zero weather. I just noticed the spigot in the garage must have been leaking, and now it has a frozen stream of water coming out of it...I hope the pipe doesn't burst. My stomach is in knots......owing a house sucks.

Comment

Yup, dug out ok. I park at the back of my driveway so I don't have to shovel the whole damn thing. Just a path to either side of my car and then the driveway entrance and I'm done. I'm too old for this shit.
                      We owned another house down here about 7 years ago while my father-in-law was alive. We weren't living there and were waiting to move in when I went over to set the thermostat because the previous night it had sunk to zero. I opened the garage went in and tried the water and got nothing. Eventually I got nervous and called the water company and asked them to shut off the service. A couple of weeks later I went over to check things out and there was water all over the garage floor. I figured a pipe had burst and then thawed as temps rose into the forties. I was bummed worrying about plumber's bills and called the water company to turn the service back on so I could find the pipe (Heaven forbid it was underground) The guy from the water company turned on the water and IMMEDIATELY got doused by a spray of water from just below the meter. He shut it off and told me that since the pipe burst at the meter it was their responsibility to fix it for free. FREE my favorite word.
                      Better days are coming, D muh man. Better days are coming.
                      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Free is always good I hate plumbing. One of our outdoor faucets broke a few years ago, so I had both of them replaced with the frost-proof faucets. That solved that problem, but I went to replace my garbage disposal last week, and the trap and pipe going into the wall behind the closet just disintegrated. $500 to get that fixed, but when we ran the water, we found another leak behind the cabinet. Plumber says "You might have to pull the cabinets and replace that pipe all the way to the main drain". Uh, no, that would mean a new kitchen, considering how they installed the cabinets back in 1960.

I had a friend look at it, and he thinks a good plumber can cut out that section of pipe and replace it, so that's this week's plan. Always something with a house!

Comment

Ooh, I feel your pain. When we owned a house in North Jersey we had s few plumbing adventures. Weird stuff that looked worse than it was, if you knew the right guy. We once had a dishwasher fall through the basement ceiling, partway, because of a leak. It was right above the toilet in the basement. Can you imagine if someone had been sitting on the bowl at the time? The dishwasher would have ended up about 6in. to a foot over their head! Good times.
                          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Now you have me worried about the dishwasher But, no, I think the dishwasher is fine...our leak is going to a bucket in the basement right now.

Comment

The three of us need to move in together in some kind of all-inclusive home for book collectors, Dave and NJ. Screw these home repairs!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X