• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anne Rice October 4, 1941 - December 11, 2021

Received this email from VJ Books:

Anne Rice,
    author of the best-selling Vampire Chronicles,
    died Saturday. She was 80 years old.

Rice's biggest success was her first novel, "Interview with the Vampire," which was published in 1976 and introduced the character of the vampire Lestat, who would be the central character in the 13-book Chronicles series.

"Interview with the Vampire" was made into an award feature film in 1994, with a star-studded cast, with Tom Cruise playing Lestat.

Rice was the author of nearly 40 bestselling book, and a long time supporter of VJ Books.

She will be missed.

May she rest in peace.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I was lucky to see Anne Rice a few times at book signings. She even came out to our local non-chain bookstore. People came from all over and the line was out the door and down the street. She was scheduled for 7 to 9 or so but stayed to past midnight to make sure every single person got to meet her, chat a moment and get signed books. She then stayed another half hour to sign unsold books including pocket size paperbacks so the store could sell them later. She was truly wonderful and sincere. Even if you don't care for her stories she was certainly one of the most important and influential modern horror writers. RIP Anne Rice.

Comment

I had the pleasure of attending one of her tour stops back when I was a reader of her work. Condolences to her family and legion of fans.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Eric Vornoff View Post
          I was lucky to see Anne Rice a few times at book signings. She even came out to our local non-chain bookstore. People came from all over and the line was out the door and down the street. She was scheduled for 7 to 9 or so but stayed to past midnight to make sure every single person got to meet her, chat a moment and get signed books. She then stayed another half hour to sign unsold books including pocket size paperbacks so the store could sell them later. She was truly wonderful and sincere. Even if you don't care for her stories she was certainly one of the most important and influential modern horror writers. RIP Anne Rice.
          What a great memory. Truly sounds like someone who deserved all the success she achieved in life. And, simply, a genuinely nice person. Thank you for relating this to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Eric Vornoff View Post
            I was lucky to see Anne Rice a few times at book signings. She even came out to our local non-chain bookstore. People came from all over and the line was out the door and down the street. She was scheduled for 7 to 9 or so but stayed to past midnight to make sure every single person got to meet her, chat a moment and get signed books. She then stayed another half hour to sign unsold books including pocket size paperbacks so the store could sell them later. She was truly wonderful and sincere. Even if you don't care for her stories she was certainly one of the most important and influential modern horror writers. RIP Anne Rice.penalty kick online
            The encounter was enjoyable for me as well. What a fantastic recollection!

Comment

Working...
            X