Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Cemetery Dance Magazine Dead?

Pretty much the title ^^^.

I know CD publication has always been spotty (I started reading in the early 90's), but it looks like it's been almost two-and-a-half years since the last issue was published and I can't seem to find any information on this site (or anywhere else) on whether there are going to be any more issues, or when one could expect the next issue to be published.

Not dead. Just slow. I think the next issue is nearly ready for the printer if I remember correctly.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Look at the bright side. At this rate, a six-issue subscription will now last for the rest of your life!

Comment

Nearly ready for the printer. Classic lol
        excited to see what's in store for the next issue.

Comment

I got a lifetime subscription and immediately afterwards they started getting more and more scarce. The last one they didn't even mail to me. I had to remind them that I was still alive.
          Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Dan, a question if you know...when someone like Stephen King is published in the magazine, does a writer of that league receive the same pay rate as other writers? Or is there higher compensation and maybe even a percentage of the gross sales? Just thinking about that after reading the thread...

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. I had one issue left on the previous subscription so I renewed. I still have one issue left on my previous subscription (I think). Either way, it's like CD got free money from me. I don't deny that it's pretty frustrating. 2 1/2 YEARS since the last issue. I can't believe there's been a dearth of material submissions in that time, especially with so many working from home the past couple years. If CD is planning to change the focus on what they publish, that's fine. But I don't go into a book store, plop money on the counter and then walk out. I always get something in exchange for my hard-earned scratch. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                Dan, a question if you know...when someone like Stephen King is published in the magazine, does a writer of that league receive the same pay rate as other writers? Or is there higher compensation and maybe even a percentage of the gross sales? Just thinking about that after reading the thread...
                I honestly have no idea. I do know that typically it's a one time purchase for a story in a magazine, not a per unit royalty type of thing.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

So, has there been one in the last 3 months, or so?
                  Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
                    So, has there been one in the last 3 months, or so?
                    No. The most recent issue is #77 which was published in July of 2019.

Comment

oooh, ouch. Thanks, Marmaduke!
                      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

oooh, ouch. Thanks, Marmaduke!
                        The cover for the next issue was revealed 14 months ago. The artwork is by François Vaillancourt.

CD MAGAZINE 78.jpg

Comment

i recently came up for air after a very weird past couple of years and i suddenly thought ive not seen any magazines arrive for a few years. so yeah im eagerly waiting too

Comment

ETA?
                            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

ETA?
                              The Chiz just posted on FB that the next issue will land early next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X