Honey, it's not a spare Bedroom....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey, it's not a spare Bedroom....

It's a library with a bed in it. In case I get tired while playing with my books!!! Took me over thirty years to get her to grasp the concept. HAHAHAHA!!!! What a great woman for putting up with me.
    MDH

I always tell my wife that I "could" have been spending money on booze, drugs and hookers......books are a much better way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I always tell my wife that I "could" have been spending money on booze, drugs and hookers......books are a much better way to go.
      Brad, I'm going to steal that!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Brad, I'm going to steal that!
        We've been together 22 years. It's worked so far!!

Comment

haha. This reminds me of a conversation I had last week.

Mason: Now we have a spare room so my mom can come visit
          Me: It's not a spare room its a book room *Pauses* slash Record/Dvd
          Mason: Yea but we can put a bed in there
          Me: Yea I guess so, it can be both.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            That hasn't worked for me. It's still a "complete waste of money".
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I have a relatively understanding wife, I try to sell the angle that its retirement savings.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                I have a relatively understanding wife, I try to sell the angle that its retirement savings.
                Good angle

Comment

Except for the fact that you will never have the desire to get rid of any of them.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Then in that case it's part of the retirement plans. I nice healthy (re)read.

Comment

As much as I am adding to the library, I do thin out the herd once in awhile and donate to the local town library. I used to love James Patterson books but not so much anymore. So a lot of my Patterson books are gone, and the amount he is having his servants write for him..I could never keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                        As much as I am adding to the library, I do thin out the herd once in awhile and donate to the local town library. I used to love James Patterson books but not so much anymore. So a lot of my Patterson books are gone, and the amount he is having his servants write for him..I could never keep up.
                        I loved the first 5 or 6 Alex Cross books and then they all felt the same, but that's the same story with a lot of series that have a repeating character. I think the only Patterson books I kept were the first 3 or 4 Cross books because I met him and got them signed.

Comment

Working...
                        X