Graphics Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Card?

I know we're a book site, but I thought I would toss this out there because us collectors seem to be a helpful lot.

I'm looking for a graphics card. I just built a new computer and am stuck with integrated graphics at the moment. Due to the shortage of chips, COVID, and those damn crypto-currency miners, there aren't any graphics cards to be found. Anywhere. Well, you can buy USED for around 200% of MSRP and these are cards that are 2-5 years old. It's out of control.

I don't game, I don't do a lot of graphics intense stuff, but I just don't like the thought of being throttled with my new machine.

Let me know what you got and maybe we can make a deal.

A friend's manfriend (boyfriend sounds weird when you're not in school . . .) has a two year old card that he says was used heavily for gaming, and wants $500 for it (retailed new for $500.) That's the best I can find.

I have one of these sitting here. It may be too old to bother with, but if you want it let me know.

https://www.compeve.com/video-cards/...x16-695594-001

Comment

Thanks but my integrated graphics seems to be better off than that one.

I do appreciate it though!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Thanks but my integrated graphics seems to be better off than that one.

I do appreciate it though!
        I'm not even sure how old it is I just pulled it from an old PC that's sitting in the basement until our local electronics recycling center opens to the public again.

Comment

Looks like it came out in 2012. About twenty lifetimes ago

That reminds me - I have quite a bit of random old PC gear that I should get rid of.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            Looks like it came out in 2012. About twenty lifetimes ago

That reminds me - I have quite a bit of random old PC gear that I should get rid of.

Thanks again!
            You're welcome! I have at least two PCs and a laptop that have to go. I have one really old Windows XP laptop that I use to connect Techstream to my car, so that one can stick around.

Comment

Working...
            X