? for Ron Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for Ron Clinton

You helped me once before. I'm hoping you can do so again. Do you know where to find a valid discount code/coupon code for abebooks.co.uk? I found an ultra scarce book there and I'd like to get a discount. Can you help me please?

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I’m afraid I don’t have a code for that. However, check Biblio.com and see if it’s listed there as well. If it is, the code RABBIEBURNS will get you 10% off. Looks like it expires tomorrow (Wed.) night.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I’m afraid I don’t have a code for that. However, check Biblio.com and see if it’s listed there as well. If it is, the code RABBIEBURNS will get you 10% off. Looks like it expires tomorrow (Wed.) night.
      The book isn't listed at Biblio. I get emails from abebooks.co.uk. They always promote find a book under $10. I think there are no discounts in the email. Cap

Comment

That’s too bad, sorry to hear it. Good luck!

Comment

Yes, it is too bad. No discount -- Kinda pricy for an obscure book. I may buy it. I've never seen a copy of this one for sale before. Cap

Comment

I did go ahead and order Castle Enigma this morning. I was honestly stunned to see one of the author's three ultra scarce books for sale. Before I was able to see an image of a dustjacket for one of the other two scarce books. Now when I try a search I can't even find that dustjacket image.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

I did go ahead and order Castle Enigma this morning. I was honestly stunned to see one of the author's three ultra scarce books for sale. Before I was able to see an image of a dustjacket for one of the other two scarce books. Now when I try a search I can't even find that dustjacket image.

Cap
              Congrats. I’ve been in the same situation, where it feels like I’m probably overpaying (or paying more than I’d prefer), but ultimately decided that scarcity had to rule my decision. Sometimes even if, objectively speaking, it’s priced higher than I’d like or think it should be, you have to go for it because with rarities you don’t always get a second shot at the prize.

Comment

Congrats. I’ve been in the same situation, where it feels like I’m probably overpaying (or paying more than I’d prefer), but ultimately decided that scarcity had to rule my decision. Sometimes even if, objectively speaking, it’s priced higher than I’d like or think it should be, you have to go for it because with rarities you don’t always get a second shot at the prize.
                That's a really good way to sum it up and close to what I was thinking. If A Bride For Bombay and Princess Proxy by J. Russell Warren do show up for sale maybe they'll be cheaper. I've noticed this author's books seem to show up more in the UK, he is a British author. So for sale in the UK means that darn expensive shipping. Oh Castle Enigma, the one I ordered today, will be a keeper because of the cost. I'll watch for reader's copies of his books in the US.

Cap

Comment

I was unaware that Abe Books had a Want List they maintain until a bookseller mentioned it to me. So I just now added the two elusive J Russell Warren titles I seek. Cap

Comment

Working...
                  X