No announcement yet.

What would you recommend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Simmons' Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion are some of my all time favorite reads. Part One of Hyperion= The Priest's Tale: "The Man who Cried God" was so amazing and original. Plus these novels contain possibly one of the coolest characters ever: the Shrike. Btw on a horror note; Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort is my all-time favorite novel.
    Why are you doing this to us? Because you were home.

Comment

Originally posted by keysersoze View Post
      Dan Simmons' Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion are some of my all time favorite reads. Part One of Hyperion= The Priest's Tale: "The Man who Cried God" was so amazing and original. Plus these novels contain possibly one of the coolest characters ever: the Shrike. Btw on a horror note; Dan Simmons' Carrion Comfort is my all-time favorite novel.

keysersoze, have you read the Endymion books? I loved the two Hyperion but have heard less stellar reviews of the Endymion books.

Comment

Centipede Press also does some SF. I just bought The Forever War from them a few months ago, and their books are fantastic quality - http://www.centipedepress.com/sf.html

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          keysersoze, have you read the Endymion books? I loved the two Hyperion but have heard less stellar reviews of the Endymion books.
          I liked the Endymion Books, but the first two Hyperion books are better in my opinion.
          Why are you doing this to us? Because you were home.

Comment

I just got my books I ordered from AbeBooks - see earlier post. Wow...is Anathem going to take me a while. It's freakin' huge!!!! Super fast delivery from England too by the way.

Comment

Working...
            X