Goodbye To Almost All Of My Comic Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye To Almost All Of My Comic Books

Roughly seven years ago I started buying comic books again. I went off the deep end and wound up with three full boxes of comic books. There were some gems (Great series) Jennifer Blood for one. I really enjoyed that series. Today I sold all three boxes. I kept three comics by author AP Fuchs, he writes the Axiom-man saga. I kept two separate 6-issue series. I support Inverse Press on Patreon and buy their comics. I also get the Heroes of the Public Domain (Issue 1) now Heroes of the Golden Age 2-5 as they are released on Kickstarter. I also have three comics that come with vinyl releases. So I'll have less than one box and a lot more free space. I was conflicted selling the comic books. I concluded that I just needed to sell the majority of them period.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

It is so hard to rid oneself of a collection. I have to start doing this as well. How tough was it on you to give this stuff up? And how exactly did you sell it? I probably need to sell a big video game collection, but I probably wouldn't get the value selling it as one unit. I too need space. But so many things I don't want to give up as they possess so much nostalgia equity.

Congratulations on being able to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
      It is so hard to rid oneself of a collection. I have to start doing this as well. How tough was it on you to give this stuff up? And how exactly did you sell it? I probably need to sell a big video game collection, but I probably wouldn't get the value selling it as one unit. I too need space. But so many things I don't want to give up as they possess so much nostalgia equity.

Congratulations on being able to do it...
      Well, I did not get back what I spent on the comic books. As I have already said I was conflicted about selling the comics. I sold them to a friend who previously took some comic hardcovers and trade paperbacks off my hands. There is an online store that I have mailed comics to six or seven times. I cherry picked my collection each time to get enough comics to make doing that worth while. I just mailed this store another seven comics last week. With this latest trade I'll have approx. $170 in trade credit with their store. I still have two boxes of comic trade paperbacks and hardcovers.

Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
      X