• Martin
    replied
    Not yet. I am contemplating it though.
    Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    what? No signed UK copy???

Leave a comment:

• rusty23
    replied
    I have a S/L on order from Subpress. Am I in in the minority in that I like to wait for the S/L and read that copy?

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Well my determination to not buy a copy at Powell's today lasted until I was about 10 feet into the store. They had a few of the books displayed up front with a 'Signed First Edition' sticker on the front. My initial reaction was 'He's not coming to town until mid month'. My second was to open it and see that it was signed tip in sheet edition from the publisher. The signature sheet is nice as well. So I bought it. I then got home and had a signed first edition from Water Street books waiting. SO my current NOS4A2 tally is and Unsigned ARC that I plan to get signed at his upcoming appearance, a signed 1st/1st, a 1st/1st with a signed sheet tipped in and a Limited edition on order.
    what? No signed UK copy???

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    It would seem that I went a little overboard with NOS4A2.
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Greedy bastard! I mean, um, hey great for you!!! Seriously though, that will be a cool set!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I assume that his assessment of value was more based on the fact that he was selling a flat signed than any actual fact.
    Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
    So I was reading someone's listing on ebay and he claimed that a tipped in signature was not as valuable as a flat signed copy since the book had an extra page. To me it would not make a difference other than if I was getting it signed in person, so on a personal level it might be more important but would have no difference value wise.

What do you folks think.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Well my determination to not buy a copy at Powell's today lasted until I was about 10 feet into the store. They had a few of the books displayed up front with a 'Signed First Edition' sticker on the front. My initial reaction was 'He's not coming to town until mid month'. My second was to open it and see that it was signed tip in sheet edition from the publisher. The signature sheet is nice as well. So I bought it. I then got home and had a signed first edition from Water Street books waiting. SO my current NOS4A2 tally is and Unsigned ARC that I plan to get signed at his upcoming appearance, a signed 1st/1st, a 1st/1st with a signed sheet tipped in and a Limited edition on order.
    Greedy bastard! I mean, um, hey great for you!!! Seriously though, that will be a cool set!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    I think both are equal in value, especially if the signature page has some design to it and is not just a blank page.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
    So I was reading someone's listing on ebay and he claimed that a tipped in signature was not as valuable as a flat signed copy since the book had an extra page. To me it would not make a difference other than if I was getting it signed in person, so on a personal level it might be more important but would have no difference value wise.

What do you folks think.
    Depends on the book, tipped-in books have a guaranteed signature but flat-signed books have actually been handled by the author, assuming you get an authentic one and not a forgery, also the tipped-in copies will usually have a much lower print run then the possible thousands of signed ones from a book tour, I like both personally but a flat-signed copy will always have a higher value to me, not entirely sure why but there you have it

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Oh...I don't place any higher value on them, in a general sense, but perhaps some people do. I place a higher value on my personalized Ron Kelly books than any others I have, though.

Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied
    Tipped in is where the page is signed then inserted during binding, which is what most of Cemetery's book are. Laid in is a loose signatory page or plate

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Tipped-in...is that like a bookplate? I'd rather have flat-signed book.

Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied

What do you folks think.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I hope to have it in my hands when I get home tonight. Of course my stop at Powell's will be before that. Worse case I have another trip to Powell's.
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    You want to check just to be on the safe side.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    You want to check just to be on the safe side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X