No announcement yet.

July 2020 - How Many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a little skeptical r.e. DEVOLUTION, thinking it sounded a little cheesy w/ the Sasquatch angle, but if it's that good -- and I did really enjoy WORLD WAR Z -- then I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the push.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I was a little skeptical r.e. DEVOLUTION, thinking it sounded a little cheesy w/ the Sasquatch angle, but if it's that good -- and I did really enjoy WORLD WAR Z -- then I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the push.
      I actually feel this one is less cheesy that World War Z. This uses the journalism approach from World War Z but contains a tighter story. The aspects of life around a live volcano are very interesting as well. I lived about 55 miles from St Helens in 1980 so it strikes a note with me there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Close to a third of the way into Devolution and it is vastly exceeding my expectations! You were not kidding, this is a great read.
        Martin,

Good to hear you enjoyed Devolution and I wasn't leading you astray!

Did the last 2/3 hold up to the first 1/3?

I thought the story got better as it went along.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Martin,

Good to hear you enjoyed Devolution and I wasn't leading you astray!

Did the last 2/3 hold up to the first 1/3?

I thought the story got better as it went along.

B
          I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I even appreciate the fact that he did not feel the need to wrap it up in a nice bow at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I even appreciate the fact that he did not feel the need to wrap it up in a nice bow at the end.
            Agreed.

I liked how he chose to end the story.

B

Comment

Working...
            X