Message for Dan Hocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message for Dan Hocker

Dan - This latest version of the message board is being naughty and I want to box it's ears.... When I tried to send a private message I was shown a message stating I had to do some deleting because I was over the limit of 50 private messages? I tried and was able to delete some private messages and than this new version froze on me. When I deleted the contents of my Trash folder I was then able to send the private message I wanted to send today. Very frustrating.... *growl* I looked at this again and I seem to have found and resolved the issue. Still very vexing....

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 06-16-2020, 09:45 PM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I'll look into it. There was always a mailbox limit, but it may have gotten reset with the update.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

One thing I miss is a link at the top of the forum to the cemeterydance.com website. Now if you click on the CD logo it just takes you back to the forum.

EDIT: I just discovered that if you click on the "STORE" button it takes you to the CD website.

Never mind. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        Dan - This latest version of the message board is being naughty and I want to box it's ears.... When I tried to send a private message I was shown a message stating I had to do some deleting because I was over the limit of 50 private messages? I tried and was able to delete some private messages and than this new version froze on me. When I deleted the contents of my Trash folder I was then able to send the private message I wanted to send today. Very frustrating.... *growl* I looked at this again and I seem to have found and resolved the issue. Still very vexing....

Cap
        I received 2 pm's that I can't read. It's showing that I have messages but no content appears. Weird. My message box only had 3 or 4 messages in it. I'm sure things will clear up soon. It's just one of those things.

Comment

Ok. I've upped the limit drastically to 500 messages for the 3 main usergroups. The message limit counts inbox and outbox. Just deleting messages puts them in the "trash" which the server will clear out like once a month. If you need space immediately you have to empty that trash.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

I received 2 pm's that I can't read. It's showing that I have messages but no content appears. Weird. My message box only had 3 or 4 messages in it. I'm sure things will clear up soon. It's just one of those things.
            This I can't really help with as I can't see what you are seeing.

Edit: Maybe try going to the message center and clicking on Inbox.

Instagram

Comment

I tried and no problem. Still didn’t get the message. I messaged the person back so hopefully he will respond again. Thanks for all your hard work on this forum remodel. Overall it’s great. There are bound to be some bugs in these projects. It will all work out .

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I'll look into it. There was always a mailbox limit, but it may have gotten reset with the update.
                Dan - I reworded my 1st post in this thread. I did figure it out. Thanks for helping. To sum it up, some things will just take getting used to in this latest version of the CD message board forum. I'm just glad it's back and working. I missed having access to this place while it was down.

Cap

Comment

Hi Bookwork 1. I sent a reply to a PM you sent me so i do not know if my message is one that you cant see. My email is [email protected] if you want to email me directly re your enquiry. Would love to talk to you. Talisman1964

Comment

Talisman - did you get the message I sent? Cap

Comment

Working...
                    X