This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ok I think we're back for real this time. We are on the absolute latest version of the forum software, and thus everything is going to be a bit different. You may need to reupload your avatar pictures, I couldn't figure out how to transfer those over to the new forums.

Let me know if you find anything that isn't working correctly, or if anything looks strange.

I'm going to be tweaking the appearance for a bit until I land on something I like.

Thanks for your patience while I figured this out.
    This a very minor thing. I see the reputation feature for posters is so far gone away. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Another minor thing. The calendar is now blank, I don't know when to bake a cake.

Comment

Dan great job!!! The forum looks amazing

Comment

Just posted pictures and it went great and they're not side ways!! It seems easier as well, for some reason!! Good job guys..and Mindy HAHHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            I can't figure out the new "What's New" tab. I just posted several things and they didn't show up there like they used too. I do like the new look though. Looks nice and clean and switched back to my blue
            The "What's New" tab is going to take some figuring out for me. The new version of VBulletin did away with it in favor of the "Latest Activity" tab. Which you can use, just change the filter for "New Posts" to off. I'll work on the "What's New" tab some more. I'm essentially having to make it from scratch using a custom search link.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

This a very minor thing. I see the reputation feature for posters is so far gone away. ~Cap
              I'll look into this.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Another minor thing. The calendar is now blank, I don't know when to bake a cake.
              I'll look into this as well.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Ok this one is straight forward. The reputation feature has changed slightly "liking" a post now gives the poster reputation.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Ok it doesn't look like I can do anything about this one (unless I find a 3rd party mod to do it). The new calendar system doesn't show the birthdays. I'll add the "Today's Birthday's" module to the front page if it isn't already there though. I may remove the Calendar button since it doesn't do anything for us, as I think I have the "events" system turned off for the moment.

Instagram

Comment

My last post was 5 years ago, so just testing...

Comment

The "What's New" tab is going to take some figuring out for me. The new version of VBulletin did away with it in favor of the "Latest Activity" tab. Which you can use, just change the filter for "New Posts" to off. I'll work on the "What's New" tab some more. I'm essentially having to make it from scratch using a custom search link.
                      I'm completely lost LOL. The "Last Activity" for me shows June 5th. Oh well, looks like I get emails for the threads I'm subscribed to. Probably will miss out on any new threads for the time being.

Comment

Yea unfortunately I don't think the "What's New" tab will every truly be the same.

The closes I think you can get is the "New Topics" button. Which shows threads that have been posted in since you last came to the forums. The What's new tab currently sort of works, but not particularly well.

Instagram

Comment

Ok it doesn't look like I can do anything about this one (unless I find a 3rd party mod to do it). The new calendar system doesn't show the birthdays. I'll add the "Today's Birthday's" module to the front page if it isn't already there though. I may remove the Calendar button since it doesn't do anything for us, as I think I have the "events" system turned off for the moment.
                          I used the Calendar to see who had birthdays coming up. Were not saving lives hear so I will manage. Thanks for all your efforts on the forum Dan, we understand that without your efforts we would not have this nice little corner of the web!

Comment

Yea unfortunately I don't think the "What's New" tab will every truly be the same.

The closes I think you can get is the "New Topics" button. Which shows threads that have been posted in since you last came to the forums. The What's new tab currently sort of works, but not particularly well.
                            I'm starting to get more of a hang of it. Part of my problem was I didn't realize the "What's New" is more than one page now. So I don't think I'll actually be missing out on anything. I think on the old forum it automatically subscribed you to a thread when you replied in it. That's probably a settings thing that doesn't appear to be happening with the update. I'll have to check my settings on that. The one thing that I discovered that I really like is the Notification tab at the top of the page. This takes me immediately to all the threads that I'm currently subscribed to.

Thanks for all the work on it, Dan. I'm just an old fart who doesn't like change.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm starting to get more of a hang of it. Part of my problem was I didn't realize the "What's New" is more than one page now. So I don't think I'll actually be missing out on anything. I think on the old forum it automatically subscribed you to a thread when you replied in it. That's probably a settings thing that doesn't appear to be happening with the update. I'll have to check my settings on that. The one thing that I discovered that I really like is the Notification tab at the top of the page. This takes me immediately to all the threads that I'm currently subscribed to.

Thanks for all the work on it, Dan. I'm just an old fart who doesn't like change.
                              I think the settings you're looking for are under your profile, edit setting, and on the notifications tab.

Instagram

Comment

Let me echo others with a big Thank You to Dan! This forum really is a bubble of fresh air for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X