CD Order/Shipment Processes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Order/Shipment Processes

I'm fairly new to the forums and recently ordered by first books from CD. I placed an order earlier this week and haven't received any correspondence since the order confirmation email. I am wondering what to expect as far as shipment confirmation/method/tracking information is concerned. I figured I could get the best feedback from those that have experience with their processes. I'm excited to receive my first order and I'm a pathological shipment tracker so 'the silence is deafening' if you catch my drift.

They usually send out delivery email with tracking number if available. I would email Mindy ([email protected]) to check on the order.

Comment

How long does it normally take for a shipment email to be received? I hate to be overzealous and bug her.

Comment

They've got a lot of books to ship this week and next, I think. But they move pretty quickly. Hang in there. Someone will get on this thread probably tomorrow and explain how things are going at CD are faring.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Did you order something that is in stock or something that is still a preorder? Most of what I order is stuff that isn't ready to shipped for a while, some taking a lot longer than others
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

It's for an in-stock book. I guess I've become accustomed to Amazon shipping things same or next day and getting confirmation quickly. When I don't hear from a seller for couple days and I'm not sure what to expect from them I wonder if I should bug them or just wait it out.

Comment

Ah, yeah. Cemetery Dance is a much smaller company, so it takes longer for things to ship from them. Things are also packed better than stuff Amazon, though Amazon packs their stuff better than they used to. I don't know for sure the number of employees at Cemetery Dance, but I think it is something like 5 or 6 regular employees.
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                It's for an in-stock book. I guess I've become accustomed to Amazon shipping things same or next day and getting confirmation quickly. When I don't hear from a seller for couple days and I'm not sure what to expect from them I wonder if I should bug them or just wait it out.
                Hi and welcome to the forums. We only have two people that work in the warehouse, myself and Dave. Dave does 90% of the shipping while I deal with things like the forums and our eBooks as well as generating the orders and paperwork for Dave. Right now Dave is working on shipping The 40th anniversary edition of The Exorcist. Which he is almost done then will move back to shipping the "regular" orders before moving onto the next project. However if you need something sooner than later, just email and we'll pull your order out of the pile and ship it as soon as we can.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  Ah, yeah. Cemetery Dance is a much smaller company, so it takes longer for things to ship from them. Things are also packed better than stuff Amazon, though Amazon packs their stuff better than they used to. I don't know for sure the number of employees at Cemetery Dance, but I think it is something like 5 or 6 regular employees.
                  6 at the moment. Kate, Brian, Mindy and Richard in the front office. Dave and myself in the warehouse.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    6 at the moment. Kate, Brian, Mindy and Richard in the front office. Dave and myself in the warehouse.
                    Which means 2 people working and the other 4 up front smiling for the cameras!! (Don't tell Brian I said that!!)

Comment

I'll just hold off until next week and let them catch up. I'm sure there are people more anxious than I to get their goods.

Comment

I'll just hold off until next week and let them catch up. I'm sure there are people more anxious than I to get their goods.
                        We should be through The Exorcist today and onto regular orders on Monday.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          That's what I was thinking. Wasn't completely sure about that though
                          Spoiler!

Comment

I know I am anxious to get my copy of Exorcist 40th. Never held a Lonely Road Books title in my hands, so I am excited to see how they treat their books that they publish.
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Riding the Bullet has A+ prduction values, so I can only imagine what this one's gonna be like!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                              X