No announcement yet.

Good Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting 90 of my grandmother's books on Good Reads, I was reminded that not only did she date the books as she read them, but she used the book flaps as page markers. At least five books had no dates in them, but had the FEPs marking palces in the books. I probably should have left them marking the pages. I'll never read the books and she didn't finish them.

That was pretty disrespectful.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Son of a *****. How did you do this? I have been putting in for books since 2009 and I've won one book! Slowly, I'm trying to add all my read books out of my book journal. It's a slow process.

Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
      How cool is Good Reads, I have only been a member for two weeks and I have already won three books and a tshirt.
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Seriously wonder what people are thinking when they add books to the Goodreads website. I have seen more than one book with a title that says it is in the CD Novella when it is of a mass market edition of the title. See wrong books or book editions listed as part of a series, but I can't figure out how to remove the series info on them.
        Last edited by RJK1981; 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Figured out how to edit the series info. It was right in front of my face of course, lol. Now to hope the proper book will show up in the add books part at some point.
          Spoiler!

Comment

i'm seriously thinking of applying to be a librarian, just so I can add the proper descriptions and pics to the books on my lists.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I did the librarian thing because of the lack of pictures of some titles, as well as fixing big mistakes (More so for that part). Either yesterday or the day before I had to fix the CD version of Full Dark, No Stars because some genius had changed the description to a foreign language even though it was supposed to be in English! I couldn't read a single word of it, lol
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                Son of a *****. How did you do this? I have been putting in for books since 2009 and I've won one book! Slowly, I'm trying to add all my read books out of my book journal. It's a slow process.
                Hedda, you just have to keep entering for any giveaways that look interesting. You can search through them by genres, that's how I do it. Won two more since last post, one zombie book and one middle-grade book for my nieces.
                "now youes can't leave"
                A Bronx Tale
                directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Wow you should go by a lotto ticket with the luck you have been having. Congrats.
                  Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
                  Hedda, you just have to keep entering for any giveaways that look interesting. You can search through them by genres, that's how I do it. Won two more since last post, one zombie book and one middle-grade book for my nieces.

Comment

More wins eh???? Good job Sabrina! I have entered a lot, and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                      More wins eh???? Good job Sabrina! I have entered a lot, and nothing.
                      I thought everyone wins on there. Truly I never win anything. My luck is so terrible that at my works last Xmas party they did a raffle for gifts. I never got called, since they had enough gifts for everyone they figured out that they just forgot to put mine in with the others. So I got whatever crap was left, no chances for the ipads, cameras, Bose stereo system or the really good gift certificates. I never win anything.
                      I figured if I was winning, everyone must be winning.
                      "now youes can't leave"
                      A Bronx Tale
                      directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

I find one thing disappointing with goodreads giveaways - there are quite a few title I wanted to enter, but to spare my driver for bringing stuff over the border for me too much (can't abuse it...) I put my Canadian home address, and unfortunately, some will not ship to Canada.

Comment

Well, I won a transistor radio on a radio station giveaway in 1986; then I won a copy of Tavern of the Dead in CD's Birthday Trivia giveaway last year. So I probably won't win anything again until 2038. But I keep entering!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Haha, I keep on entering too and so far no luck. I think I'm about 0-30... Its got to work out eventually...

Oh, and by the way Squire, I replied to your post under my rating of "Reunion"... but then accidentally deleted your post...

Comment

So, slowly I've been browsing through the different lists that goodreads has, and been adding those that stir my curiosity, etc...... I look at the "want to read"s I've been selecting and..... wow....I really enjoy some pretty messed up sh*t!!!!

Comment

I decided to put only this year's TBR into my to read shelf. It looks less depressing that way.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X