No announcement yet.

Planned reads for 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a slow reader. I read 36 books this year. But, when you have a 1 year old, that takes away reading time.
    A few of the list for 2013 are: Any new SK, NOS4A2, Mister Slaughter, The Providence Rider, The Twelve, and book 3 of GRRM Song of Ice and Fire ( hopefully book 4 too ).

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      I plan on rereading 4 past midnight and Strangers this coming year.

As for new reads
      Bullettime
      Swallowing a Donkeys Eye
      Speaks the Nightbird
      The Bighead
      Red Sky
      Only Child this was on my list last year and I did not get to it.
      I also have a plan for the year to read 1 Brian Keene book a month.This should catch me up on all his stuff including new releases.
      This past year I read 168 books. My goal for 2013 is 140.I plan on reading some of the longer books I have not got to during 2013.
      Wow, 168!! Nice! I wish I had that much time to read. I'll keep track this year and see how many I read, should be interesting.

Comment

so I stumbled upon the 2012 reading goals thread and decided to look up my post to see how I did:

"1st time reads:
        Swan Song
        The Woman
        The Five
        The Bachman Books (4)
        Something by Koontz other than Velocity"

So out of all those I only read The Woman and The Five. Guess I know what else to add to my list for 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          Wow, 168!! Nice! I wish I had that much time to read. I'll keep track this year and see how many I read, should be interesting.
          If you use Goodreads you can keep track easily and set a goal for the year if you want to
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. Will have to try it out!

Comment

No problem. It also offer recommendations on books you list as read, books you list as wanting to read, and I think it also has them based on your ratings for individual books. It also has a section for book giveaways to win review copies of titles, some signed, though most are not signed.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I use good reads also to keep track.I really like the site.

Comment

I think I will keep track of how many books I read too. Might use GoodReads, but I think I have my goodreads set up via Facebook???? Which I don't use, but my wife does.

Either way....I am curious to see how many I can knock off. My reading time is very limited with basically getting about 20-30 mins on my lunch break, sometimes some at night before bed, and my weekends are full with coaching my daughter's hockey team every Saturday/Sunday. Plus, need to fit in family time with my wife working afternoon shift.

Comment

I started a goodreads account tonight, so I'll keep track this year. I set my goal at 100. 2 down, 98 to go!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

so I stumbled upon the 2012 reading goals thread and decided to look up my post to see how I did:

"1st time reads:
                      Swan Song
                      The Woman
                      The Five
                      The Bachman Books (4)
                      Something by Koontz other than Velocity"

So out of all those I only read The Woman and The Five. Guess I know what else to add to my list for 2013.
                      th.jpeg
                      I loved this book....
                      "now youes can't leave"
                      A Bronx Tale
                      directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

I think another book I really want to get my hands, and it would go to the front my TBR list is the uncut version of Off Season by Jack Ketchum. I am not sure if the 1981 First Edition paperbacks I've seen on AbeBooks would be that one or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]11380[/ATTACH]
                          I loved this book....
                          I've heard so many good things about it. One of these days I'll be sure to hunt down a copy of it somewhere.

Comment

I think that is the chopped up version. Pun intended.I believe the pb that leisure put out was the uncut version. I just went and looked through my Ketchum pb's and the Leisure one is the uncut version.Says so on the cover.You might find it at hlf price books.It also has a bonus short story not related to the book.
                            Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            I think another book I really want to get my hands, and it would go to the front my TBR list is the uncut version of Off Season by Jack Ketchum. I am not sure if the 1981 First Edition paperbacks I've seen on AbeBooks would be that one or not.

Comment

I've heard so many good things about it. One of these days I'll be sure to hunt down a copy of it somewhere.
                              First book I read of 2012.Great book hard to put down.

Comment

Any chance you can shoot me the isbn on the uncut one? Might be easier to find that way.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                I think that is the chopped up version. Pun intended.I believe the pb that leisure put out was the uncut version. I just went and looked through my Ketchum pb's and the Leisure one is the uncut version.Says so on the cover.You might find it at hlf price books.It also has a bonus short story not related to the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X