Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xiabei
    replied
    Well, I never thought of actually asking the library if I could buy a book off the shelf; I'll have to try that.

My library has an "ongoing sale" but the books are generally crap and they hardly ever add anything new to the section - though a few months ago I did manage to get 1st editions of "Song of Susannah" and "The Dark Tower." But a find like that is pretty rare.

Leave a comment:

• BrianS
    replied
    My local library (2 of the three 3 branches at least) has quite a few copies of CD signed books - it is kinda depressing

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    The price of the book I am sure.I do not mind picking up library copies of collectable books for reading purpose and to fill in some blanks in my collection.I think it is kind of neat when you find something like that and it has not been checked out for awhile.I want to scream and shout you guys do not know what you are missing.
    I love my library sales for that reason/This weekend I found a paperback edition of The Stand the original version for $1.25 plus a few other treats.

Leave a comment:

• Xiabei
    started a topic Libraries and limited editions

Libraries and limited editions

The other night I was perusing my library's catalog, looking for Brian Lumley books. I found one called "Freaks." I didn't know what it was about, but being a Lumley fan, I put it on hold so I could check it out (literally and figuratively).

I picked it up today and was surprised to see that it was a Sub Press signed limited edition book from 2004. I don't know about you guys, but I tend to be a bit bummed when I find books like this in the library. Now it's got horrible library stamps and stickers all over it. I love libraries, but I hate that apparently they come across a book like this and it's nothing but another book to them. I wonder how much they would charge me if I "lost" it. Ha ha.
Working...
X