No announcement yet.

Suggestions for CD limited editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Hell freezes over would be my guess.
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    So when's the CD edition of the Twilight saga being released?

Comment

More crime than horror, but Shane Stevens' By Reason of Insanity and Dead City. Alexis Machine!!!

These could be ripe for a re-release. I haven't read the other couple he's written, but when my parents forbid me to read Stephen King as a child, this is where I went (backfire!)
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I would love to see Ira Levin--the obvious ones, Rosemary's Baby and the Stepford Wives--but also the classics like The Boys from Brazil and A Kiss Before Dying. I guess you'd have to throw Sliver in there too. . .

Comment

Real answer: As for crime novels, I think James Ellroy's L.A. Quartet would make for an awesome CD collection. They need a l/e release. Would love more Jim Thompson books, but deceased autors isn't really CD's forte, so I'll leave that to CP. Other than those, like I've said before, I would kill for a CD copy of Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves or to a slightly lesser extent I would love a CD edition of John Lindqvist's Let The Right One In.

Comment

Also what's the "controversy" surrounding Dan Simmons? I know all the dirt on Card and Hubbard. But I just love mudslinging

Comment

By Reason of Insanity would be a great one!
              Originally posted by bugen View Post
              More crime than horror, but Shane Stevens' By Reason of Insanity and Dead City. Alexis Machine!!!

These could be ripe for a re-release. I haven't read the other couple he's written, but when my parents forbid me to read Stephen King as a child, this is where I went (backfire!)

Comment

Real answer: As for crime novels, I think James Ellroy's L.A. Quartet would make for an awesome CD collection. They need a l/e release. Would love more Jim Thompson books, but deceased autors isn't really CD's forte, so I'll leave that to CP. Other than those, like I've said before, I would kill for a CD copy of Mark Danielewski's House of Leaves or to a slightly lesser extent I would love a CD edition of John Lindqvist's Let The Right One In.
                Love all of these ideas, especially Ellroy and Lindqvist! I would be so down for limited editions of those books! If I remember correctly, I believe that Centipede is releasing multiple books by Thompson next year, which I hope I'm able to afford. Love Centipede's books, but they sure aren't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Here is a couple suggestions I think would work.....

Subterranean - James Rollins This has a Jurassic Park mixed with Indiana Jones feel to it. And is NOT part of the Sigma Force series, but CD is doing Relic (Pendergast series), so why not??
                  I think Amazonia and Ice Hunt would be great as well.

Comment

So when's the CD edition of the Twilight saga being released?
                    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    When Hell freezes over would be my guess.
                    LOL! According to Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy, the ninth circle of hell IS frozen over!

Shall I ask Brian to put you down for a lettered edition too then Tom?
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Love all of these ideas, especially Ellroy and Lindqvist! I would be so down for limited editions of those books! If I remember correctly, I believe that Centipede is releasing multiple books by Thompson next year, which I hope I'm able to afford. Love Centipede's books, but they sure aren't cheap.
                      I know what you mean! I'd heard about them. Haven't had the extra dough around lately to pick up Child of Rage yet either...
                      That's why I'd rather CD do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                        I think Amazonia and Ice Hunt would be great as well.
                        I have not read either of those, but have heard very good reviews on them. I picked up Sandstorm (first Sigma Force novel), but have yet to get to it.

The story line and fast pacing, would be great with the work CD does though.

Comment

Also what's the "controversy" surrounding Dan Simmons? I know all the dirt on Card and Hubbard. But I just love mudslinging
                          Well it has a lot to do with his politics, which can be a touchy subject. Basically he drove right past being a reasonable conservative or even "that uncle nobody likes to stir up at Thanksgiving because he has some kind of extreme views," parked his car, then took the crazy train right into LIBERALS AND MUSLIMS ARE GOING TO LITERALLY RAPE AND MURDER US ALL.

Comment

slayn666 - hmmm..... didn't know that, but I stay as far away politics/religion as I can. Wouldn't matter to me - if it's a good book, it's a good book.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              slayn666 - hmmm..... didn't know that, but I stay as far away politics/religion as I can. Wouldn't matter to me - if it's a good book, it's a good book.
                              I tend to agree with you up until a point, that being when an author decides to be a political activist, I'm all for authors/artists having political views but when they become a political activist it kind of negates their work, books and art should be for everyone but when the person writing the book hates and even tries to pass laws against a group or groups of people, it completely sours me on that person and makes me never want to read anything by them, I was not aware of the Simmons thing but other writers have gone the way of political activist over the years and it just doesn't bode well with me

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic like that, Some books I would like to see CD do are Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite, Anything from Chuck Palanhiuk, Anything by David Moody, a Ghost Story Anniversary Edition, as mentioned before, would be cool and Duma Key by King

Edit: And also anything from Clive Barker as well and I am always on the lookout for new Ed Lee books
                                Last edited by Tommy; 05-28-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X