Suggestions for CD limited editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    And from the forum response, you already have a large crossover audience for Donaldson. I think more than any other fantasist.
    Right!!
    I really hope something will come of this!!

sk

Comment

Donaldson is awesome.

I'd definitely be up for some Richard Kadrey stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Menace View Post
        Orson Scott Card or maybe Limited editions of David Gerrolds War Against the Chtorr if he even finishes this series of books.
        I second the Orson Scott Card. Maybe some of the older Ray Garton, that to my knowledge have only been available in paperback. Donaldson is always good! I don't care what anyone says, I love the fantasy/D & D writing of R.A. Salvatore and nice limited editions of his work would be awesome! One of my all time favorite books is The Earth Abides by George R Stewart, That one would be number one on my list!
        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
        gamertag : calason

Comment

I'd also love to see some Limited Editions from Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            I'd also love to see some Limited Editions from Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman
            YES!! I have the leather bound Dragonlance Chronicles signed by Margeret Weiss. It only had a limited print run, so I guess it's limited in that sense. But really nice editions would be pretty awesome.
            -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
            gamertag : calason

Comment

Yeah! DragonLance would be awesome.

Comment

Here are a couple more books I'd love to see CD give the signed limited treatment:

Peter Straub:
                The Blue Rose trilogy
                Ghost Story (posted this one before, but I'm just sayin...)

Michael Aronovitz:
                Seven Deadly Pleasures

Michael Marshall Smith:
                The Straw Men trilogy, or anything else for that matter.

Ira Levin:
                Rosemary's Baby

TED Klein:
                The Ceremonies

Mike Carey:
                The Girl With All The Gifts (haven't read it yet, but Carey is awesome and would love a signed limited)

Comment

Here is a couple suggestions I think would work.....

Subterranean - James Rollins This has a Jurassic Park mixed with Indiana Jones feel to it. And is NOT part of the Sigma Force series, but CD is doing Relic (Pendergast series), so why not??

Would also love to see some Clive Barker - Hellbound Heart is a shorter type story with a legendary following

Richard Matheson - Hell House

Can't go wrong with Dan Simmons - loved The Terror, plus he has Carrion Comfort, Song of Kali, etc.

Would love to see CD branch out into sci-fi a bit too. Maybe William Gibson, classic PK Dick, Iain Banks.....

Comment

Yes, Science Fiction: The Gap - again, by Stephen Donaldson.
                    (5-part series)

sk

Comment

Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!! Gap!!!

Comment

So when's the CD edition of the Twilight saga being released?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          So when's the CD edition of the Twilight saga being released?
                          Ughh..... Never would be the answer I hope for!

Comment

Damn, and I had my money all saved up for matching lettered traycases!

Comment

Has it gotten so bad I'm not able to mention Hubbard? Don't want to be thrown out, but I've always had a soft spot for the Mission Earth series (ouch! quit it! ouch! dodge! parry! ouch! ouch! roll-to-side! ouch!)
                              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                                Has it gotten so bad I'm not able to mention Hubbard? Don't want to be thrown out, but I've always had a soft spot for the Mission Earth series (ouch! quit it! ouch! dodge! parry! ouch! ouch! roll-to-side! ouch!)
                                Nothing wrong with mentioning Hubbard since others have mentioned Card and Simmons, who come with their own hangups. Though I imagine landing a deal for any of his (Hubbard's) works would be a nightmare since you'd be dealing with the insanity of his estate and his church.

If we're listing sci-fi, I'd love to see LEs of Hannu Rajaniemi's novels.

Comment

Working...
                                X